• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Murder Mystery Begins!

Cynic

Day 6:
November 16th, 1921... 4:00 am on a cold and dark monday morning...
A single gun shot rings out and everyone to their horror, finds Circle_One dead.
Luke Wolf was thrown overboard...

And he was innocent... :eek:

5 people have been murdered and 3 thrown overboard. There are only 5 of you left, the murderer and accomplice are still onboard.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Great...

Good job murderer/accomplice... if we don't get one of you this turn you win!

Cynic

Mister Emu said:
Great...

Good job murderer/accomplice... if we don't get one of you this turn you win!
Ya, I think in the next turn we should wrap it up. Most of the players that gave their full participation are dead, so the game is like a suttering engine running on gasoline fumes.

Circle_One

Argh! Sorry everyone, I totally got played. I was positive I was right.

Since I'm dead though, I must've been getting close to something.

CDRaider

Cynic said:
IT IS NOW DAY 5
Jmoum Has Been Murdered, his body lays beside his beloved CDRaider!

Awwww, we died together. When we are in international waters, can you throw us over together with our hands tied hold each other's hands??? :p

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Mister Emu said:
Might as well...

As per C1's pm, I say we throw Comet overboard...

WHAT!?!?!?!?! People, we know a crew member is involved here! All evidence points to EMU!!!

Circle herself even said that he is not who he claims to be, then he posted the keys (which all crew members got at the begining of the game) to implicate another!!!! There was a bloody knife in the navigation log and blood in the Pilot House: who is the navigator/pilot of the ship???

EMU!!!!!

We need to throw him over now, I didn't kill anybody!

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
My apologies, Comet, but all the evidence seems to now point to you. All the credit goes to C1's deductive skills, passed along before she was murdered. Let us avenge her by correctly identifying the killer! Guilty for Comet!

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Feathers in Hair said:
My apologies, Comet, but all the evidence seems to now point to you. All the credit goes to C1's deductive skills, passed along before she was murdered. Let us avenge her by correctly identifying the killer! Guilty for Comet!

What evidence??? I posted the eviedence against Emu!!! What are you scared that you're next or something? I should be scared that Emu will off me next, but people have to know before I go! Not in some unseen PM's!

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Well, naturally, since I believe you're the murderer, I am afraid that I'll be next. As you mentioned, yourself,

WHAT!?!?!?!?! People, we know a crew member is involved here!

Precisely! Who, after all, is the First Mate? (Comet is.) Also, SoyLeche and C1 have both been murdered. Along with you and I, they were part of the team that was getting together in order to find the killer. They were getting close to the clues, while Mister Emu (as far as I know) was not a part of the group. I'm betting that I'm the next on the 'to die' list, and the murderer couldn't have known who the members of the team were unless they were a member of it, also. You were the only crew member that was also a member of the investigative team!

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
then he posted the keys (which all crew members got at the begining of the game) to implicate another!!!!
(ooc:)I was told, in text, that I had access to the boiler room and supply room... I did not have the picture of the keys until I investigated the crew room, and found the pair laying about...(ooc:)

Your consistant attempts to defame me, along with Circle One's private communication implicating you prior to her death leads me to only one conclusion, you are a part of this dastardly string of events, and, if not the heinous one yourself are unremovably entwined within their machinations.

I hereby strip you of your rank, and place you under arrest, to be handed over to the authorities at our next port of call.

Cynic

Alright, well it's the final day, the game has now come to a close.

Feathers is dead and none of the remaining passengers have figured out who the murderer and accomplice was, despite the overwhelming clues.

The accomplice is Comet, and the murderer is Nutshell. Congrats on a job well done.

I will be handing out consolation prizes and the points to the winners shortly.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
A job well done everybody!!! Sorry to frame you Nordic and Luke Wolf, but.... well, it was my job. Nutshell, great job.

Circle, Net, and Feathers- a game well played! Congrats! Sorry to play you twice Circle, but you made the framing of Luke too easy and I had to save nutshell.... Thank NetDoc for getting REV over too! :) and I didn't kill you!!!!

I just wish EMU would have been thrown over! I worked so hard to frame you too! But I had to save nutshell and you got saved when I outed myself!!!! Darn Emus!!

CYNIC- great game, THANKS!!!!!!

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Mister Emu said:
(ooc:)I was told, in text, that I had access to the boiler room and supply room... I did not have the picture of the keys until I investigated the crew room, and found the pair laying about...(ooc:)

Your consistant attempts to defame me, along with Circle One's private communication implicating you prior to her death leads me to only one conclusion, you are a part of this dastardly string of events, and, if not the heinous one yourself are unremovably entwined within their machinations.

I hereby strip you of your rank, and place you under arrest, to be handed over to the authorities at our next port of call.

It was all part of my framing you Emu! The so called "bloody knife in the Navigation log" and the blood in the Pilot House... the blood in the Boiler Room.... me too! But nutshell was going to be thrown over, so I had to PM Circle One with a fake message to Luke Wolf since she found out it was his print on the candle stick.

Thus, you were saved and I had to be outed to save nutshell. Circle suspected you from the begining! I just helped her to keep going that way, but darn everybody for sharing info!!!! I had to save nutshell and put me up and not you to be thrown over...:p

Cynic

Mr. Atkins leaves behinds 3 major clues in his journal, which was incorrectly dated:
"I'm sure I've seen this man before.
I've been watching him for the past few days.
I saw his picture in the New York Times newspaper.
He was a member of the Cuban Mafia, and is known as the "Butcher".
This man is one of the most wanted criminals who became the leading suspect of a crime scene investigation located on Manhatten Island."

Nutshell's nationality is cuban. There are only two cuban passengers onboard.
nsPassport.jpg

Nutshell's ticket was the only ticket purchased in Manhatten:
m1ticket.jpg

This is the first and second part of the cipher. It is a transpositional route cipher, this one is specifically known as the "twisted path".
cipher.jpg

Following the twisted path and beginning from the bottom right, the cipher when deciphered, will look like this:
N U T S H
E L L I S
T H E B U
T C H E R
Which obviously spells out "Nutshell is the butcher" when read horizontally.

Here is the murder weapon Jmoum Examined. Nutshell's, CDRaider's, and Comet's finger prints are all on the candlestick. (The finger prints are differentiated by color)
candlestickused.jpg

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
CD and I had nothing to do with the Candle stick!!!! and there is nothing wrong with Cuban Mafia!!!! They like banannas!