• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Murder Mystery Begins!

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
jmoum said:
But, at least we can narrow down who his accomplice might be. Someone with a key to the store room.

OOC: Not necessarily, after all I have a key. There'd be no need for any 'accomplice' of mine to carry a second one. It could be anyone.

Or I could be innocent, in which case it would seem I'm in dire need of comrade Lenin right about now. :D

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Here are the clues I have found thus far:

Upon walking into 2B, you find
gloveswraps.jpg

This may tell you more about the occupant of 2B.

You find Mrs. Stemann's Passport
msPassport.jpg

****************************************************************************************************

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Circle_One said:
Anyone figure this out yet?

It's an anagram, in case people didn't get that.

I'm close to working it out. Just a little bit longer.
inputting "rush sibe helt ulhc tten" into the form on:
http://wordsmith.org/anagram/advanced.html

And telling it that the word "butcher" must be part of the anagram,
One gets these results:
BUTCHER HE NUTSHELLS TI
BUTCHER HE NUTSHELLS IT
BUTCHER HE NUTSHELL ITS
BUTCHER HE NUTSHELL TIS
BUTCHER HE NUTSHELL SIT
Amoungst several hundred others.
Going back to the first page and replacing "butcher" as
the word that has to be found with "Nutshell" renders
these results:

NUTSHELL BUTCHERS EH TI
NUTSHELL BUTCHERS EH IT
NUTSHELL BUTCHERS HE TI
NUTSHELL BUTCHER EH ITS
NUTSHELL BUTCHER EH TIS
NUTSHELL BUTCHER EH SIT
NUTSHELL BUTCHER HE ITS
NUTSHELL BUTCHER HE TIS
NUTSHELL BUTCHER HE SIT
NUTSHELL BUTCHER HEIST
NUTSHELL BUTCHER HES TI
NUTSHELL BUTCHER HES IT
NUTSHELL BUTCHER SHE TI
NUTSHELL BUTCHER SHE IT
NUTSHELL BUTCHER THE IS
NUTSHELL BUTCHER SET HI
NUTSHELL BUTCHERS HE IT

Just thought ya'll would like to know

SoyLeche

meh...
Mestemia said:
inputting "rush sibe helt ulhc tten" into the form on:
http://wordsmith.org/anagram/advanced.html

And telling it that the word "butcher" must be part of the anagram,
One gets these results:
BUTCHER HE NUTSHELLS TI
BUTCHER HE NUTSHELLS IT
BUTCHER HE NUTSHELL ITS
BUTCHER HE NUTSHELL TIS
BUTCHER HE NUTSHELL SIT
Amoungst several hundred others.
Going back to the first page and replacing "butcher" as
the word that has to be found with "Nutshell" renders
these results:

NUTSHELL BUTCHERS EH TI
NUTSHELL BUTCHERS EH IT
NUTSHELL BUTCHERS HE TI
NUTSHELL BUTCHER EH ITS
NUTSHELL BUTCHER EH TIS
NUTSHELL BUTCHER EH SIT
NUTSHELL BUTCHER HE ITS
NUTSHELL BUTCHER HE TIS
NUTSHELL BUTCHER HE SIT
NUTSHELL BUTCHER HEIST
NUTSHELL BUTCHER HES TI
NUTSHELL BUTCHER HES IT
NUTSHELL BUTCHER SHE TI
NUTSHELL BUTCHER SHE IT
NUTSHELL BUTCHER THE IS
NUTSHELL BUTCHER SET HI
NUTSHELL BUTCHERS HE IT

Just thought ya'll would like to know
Good work - although the one 3 below the highlighted line makes more sense - (rearranging) "Nutshell is the Butcher"

So, if Nutshell is this person working for the cuban mafia, then that's good evidence to throw him overboard. The fact that he works for the mafia doesn't mean that he commited these murders though, so we may have to deal with someone else.

nutshell

What???!!!

My dear brothers and sisters, this is a set up. I am NOT the murderer or some sort of helper.

The truth is....

I am a preacher. That's why the KJV Holy Bible was found in my room. I'm on the trip, sailing to Havana to begin a ministry there. Obviously, someone considers my role as a preacher as some sort of threat (although I haven't figured that part out yet) and is trying to frame me. Please think this through. Search my room for more evidence of who I say I am.

This I plead in the name of He who sent me.

Amen.

SoyLeche

meh...
nutshell said:
What???!!!

My dear brothers and sisters, this is a set up. I am NOT the murderer or some sort of helper.

The truth is....

I am a preacher. That's why the KJV Holy Bible was found in my room. I'm on the trip, sailing to Havana to begin a ministry there. Obviously, someone considers my role as a preacher as some sort of threat (although I haven't figured that part out yet) and is trying to frame me. Please think this through. Search my room for more evidence of who I say I am.

This I plead in the name of He who sent me.

Amen.
Sounds like a good cover - eh Senor Cascara de Nuez???

nutshell

mrs stemann said:
Since when was there a preacher role?? Someone is in the wrong game ;)

There's a preacher role since that is what Cynic assigned me. He said I'm a preacher, but that I will be listed as a passenger and it is up to me whether I reveal that or not. I didn't reveal it because I thought it might mean I have some special abilities or something, which would lead the killer to me. Apparently, I don't have any special abilities though. Just a KJV Bible in my room. Go search again...maybe something else will turn up to prove what I'm saying.

Circle_One

nutshell said:
There's a preacher role since that is what Cynic assigned me. He said I'm a preacher, but that I will be listed as a passenger and it is up to me whether I reveal that or not. I didn't reveal it because I thought it might mean I have some special abilities or something, which would lead the killer to me. Apparently, I don't have any special abilities though. Just a KJV Bible in my room. Go search again...maybe something else will turn up to prove what I'm saying.

Well, upon earlier searching, your boat ticket showed up in CDRaider's room, just after she was murdered. A boat ticket that was purchased in Manhattan, the place where the Butcher is accused of commiting another crime.

Upon searching your room, your passport was found, listing your nationality as Cuban.

Alongside the anagram... makes for evidence that seems a little too coincidental, doesn't it?

nutshell

Circle_One said:
Well, upon earlier searching, your boat ticket showed up in CDRaider's room, just after she was murdered. A boat ticket that was purchased in Manhattan, the place where the Butcher is accused of commiting another crime.

Upon searching your room, your passport was found, listing your nationality as Cuban.

Alongside the anagram... makes for evidence that seems a little too coincidental, doesn't it?

So...I'm a killer...pretending to be a preacher...pretending to be a passenger???

Sorry, but that's a little too Victor/Victoria for me.

Circle_One

nutshell said:
So...I'm a killer...pretending to be a preacher...pretending to be a passenger???

Not necessarily. If you were a preacher, you would still also be a passenger.

I'm a stage performer and a passenger.

There you would be the killer pretending to be a preacher/passenger. :p

Besides, don't shoot the messenger, I was just pointing out the evidence I found.

CDRaider

Circle_One said:
HA!

I was just going to say the exact same thing :D

Yeah I'm dead but I'm still reading. I just couldn't help but show my appreciation. :monkey:

But i'm not a zombie, don't worry, just a ghost

SoyLeche

meh...
nutshell said:

The evidence is all pointing toward you - which in a murder mystery usually means you are innocent, but we've gotta throw someone off before we all die.

nutshell

SoyLeche said:
The evidence is all pointing toward you - which in a murder mystery usually means you are innocent, but we've gotta throw someone off before we all die.

EXACTLY! I'm glad I'm not the only one who knows this. Speaking of throwing someone off...what we do know for sure is someone with access to the rope must be involved and that could only be a member of the crew. The captain is dead, so that leaves: Comet, Emu, Nordic, and Rev. I still think we should throw one of them over. We had votes going for Nordic and Rev...where are we with those.

Of course, as a preacher, I'm not sure I should be for throwing people over. Perhaps I should abstain???

Abstain? Hmm...I'll have to remember that for my youth ministry sex ed. class. :D

sahra-t

/me loves frubals
Shall we officially begin voting then? Guilty

(I have the same concerns as Soy Leche, that the obvious one in a murder mystery tends to be the most innocent one of all of us. But I think there *is* another murderer, I'm just hoping nutshell was helping him / her out and nutshell's demise will hinder their killing spree)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
((OOC: Nordic, you're really good at role-playing!))

Feathers tilts her head and looks at Nutshell. "Ahll the evidence seems to lead to you, deah preacher. I wonder if there was anything hidden in that Bible back thereah." Having picked back up her accent when her passport was found, Feathers wonders how long she'll be able to mutilate it before people throw her overboard- not for suspecting her, but for not wanting to have to deal with the accent any longer.

RevOxley_501

OOC: Sorry guys, was sick---umm---why would i be the murderer the first time i ever played a game like this??? its just not logical sillies---reverse your votes please

IC: I vote guilty---nutshell...throwem over