• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Murder Mystery Begins!

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
((Okay, guys! My apologies that I had to go back and edit a few posts. I know we're all learning as we go along, but let's keep away from Zombie Hinting, hehee!))

Cynic

Comet said:
Can we get a quick update Cynic on the trial of Rev I think it is, etc...
-----------------------------------------The Trial of Rev-----------------------------------------
At this rate, Rev will hang when the fourth day begins.
Guilty
Comet
Mrs. Stemann
Nutshell
Feathers
Circle_One

Netdoc had voted guilty, but he is now dead.

Not guilty:
Nordic Bearskin
Soyleche
Mestemia

Abstain:
Jmoum

---------------------------------------The Trial of Nordic---------------------------------------
Guilty:
Comet
Soyleche

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Comet said:
Also, is the Boiler Room blood fake or the first blood trail? Does anybody have a way to find out?
I say we put a hot needle into the blood in the boiler room.
If it screams and runs...

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
OOC: Huzzah! I'm catching up! :p

IC: Nordic had managed to retrieve his father's old compass from the former Captain's cabin with ease and flair; or so he thought to himself. It so happened that in his hasty search a scrap of paper had been dislodged. Shrugging, he'd automatically slipped it into his trouser pocket as he left, quietly making sure first that no one had seen him...

A restless night, and further bloodshed. While Nordic wasn't averse to bloodshed per se, such apparently random violence could hardly prove helpful to any cause. Still, at the very least comrade Lenin's arguments for a vanguard of the proletariat had been further vindicated. How else could one explain this sudden fall into vicious mob rule, much less this lurking suspicion of himself?

Grumbling, he went into and began investigating the galley, paying particular attention to the murder weapon...

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Cynic said:
---------------------------------------The Trial of Nordic---------------------------------------
Guilty:
Comet
Soyleche

Throw him over.
As a condolense to our dear dead captain.
Besides, Nordic hasn't even offered a bribe...

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
Mestemia said:
Throw him over.
As a condolense to our dear dead captain.
Besides, Nordic hasn't even offered a bribe...
OOC: *offers Mestemia a small amount of oily rags*

Incidentally, if it's theatrical fake blood, by now it should be possible to tell which it is by the colour and texture.

That, or someone could always taste it. ;)

(If no one helps you out by tomorrow Soy, I'll pop along. I am after all the mechanic :))

McBell

Admiral Obvious
oily rags?
Don't think so.
YOU are supposed to fix the squeeking door...
*mumbling to self*
some mechanic, gives me oily rags to fix a squeeky door

Cynic

pantysnatcher1.jpg

sahra-t

/me loves frubals
That's where all my underwear has gone!!

I found the other half of the note from Mr Atkins' pocket; it was a page from his diary which I found after searching the bookshelves in the main salon.

mratkinstl4.png

I'd say it says:

I've sure I've seen this man before.
I've been watching him in the past few days.
I saw his picture in the New York Times newspaper.
He was a member of the Cuban Mafia,
and is known as the "Butcher". This man is one
of the most wanted criminals who became
the leading Suspect of a crime scene
investigation located on Manhatten Island.

sahra-t

/me loves frubals
So we can assume that Mr Atkins' was hung because he was on to "The Butcher", so "The Butcher" killed him.

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
mrs stemann said:
So we can assume that Mr Atkins' was hung because he was on to "The Butcher", so "The Butcher" killed him.
OOC: It seems unusual to write such a complicated note to oneself, post date it and leave it in one's possession for a year. Can it have been a letter either intended or written by someone else, or a forgery? Why would "The Butcher", if your hypothesis is correct, have waited until this time and place to murder him? And if so, why did he choose hanging? A most difficult method of killing an innocent.

Indeed, what evidence do we have that the first and later deaths are connected?

Most intriguingly, why was the note torn in two? It can't have been accidental, note how it almost precisely halves the paper in two, and yet it seems to serve no purpose.

Unless, of course, I'm reading too much into too little. *smiles*

sahra-t

/me loves frubals
Nordicßearskin said:
OOC: It seems unusual to write such a complicated note to oneself, post date it and leave it in one's possession for a year. Can it have been a letter either intended or written by someone else, or a forgery? Why would "The Butcher", if your hypothesis is correct, have waited until this time and place to murder him? And if so, why did he choose hanging? A most difficult method of killing an innocent.

Indeed, what evidence do we have that the first and later deaths are connected?

Most intriguingly, why was the note torn in two? It can't have been accidental, note how it almost precisely halves the paper in two, and yet it seems to serve no purpose.

Unless, of course, I'm reading too much into too little. *smiles*

You're right, I didn't notice the date of the note.

*ponders*

SoyLeche

meh...
mrs stemann said:
Or someone trying to protect the same interests that "The Butcher" works for.

SoyLeche

meh...
BTW, I was able to slip out of the boiler room when Comet left.:run:

I'll try and steer clear of places I'm not supposed to be from now on. Although, I did find blood there ...

SoyLeche

meh...
jmoum said:
Yeah, seeing as how Net Doc was accusing Nordic and then died immediately after, I vote guilty for Nordic as well. Especially since I found this in his waste basket . . .
note.jpg
Looks like an accomplice rather than the actual murderer. Let's get rid of Nordic anyway.

Circle_One

Cynic said:
As Jmoum held up the paper he found to everyone, he notices this scribbled on the back:

cipher2.jpg

But what is it, and what does it mean?

Anyone figure this out yet?

It's an anagram, in case people didn't get that.

I'm close to working it out. Just a little bit longer.

sahra-t

/me loves frubals
Circle_One said:
Anyone figure this out yet?

It's an anagram, in case people didn't get that.

I'm close to working it out. Just a little bit longer.

It's a little more than an anagram, although that's not technically incorrect. It's a cipher.

CDRaider

Sighs... the murder was smart to kill me. I've been doing ciphers since i was little. My grandma taught me to do em.

Sorry, i couldn't keep quiet but i swear, i wont' hint! PROMISE! Cross my heart and hope to... well... you get the point