• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The name of our creator is ALLAH

AllahkaBanda

@Quagmire
I totally agree with you but think about it. How does that guy's question logically make sense? How in the world you gonna find out the name a duff person "call" God by when you can't hear that person. At least last time when i checked no human could. He thought he is being so smart when he threw that question at us. Aplogizing in advance, if you find my comments to be offensive!

Truth_Faith13

@Quagmire
I totally agree with you but think about it. How does that guy's question logically make sense? How in the world you gonna find out the name a duff person "call" God by when you can't hear that person. At least last time when i checked no human could. He thought he is being so smart when he threw that question at us. Aplogizing in advance, if you find my comments to be offensive!

People who cant speak can speak in other ways - they can lip read, write (just because they cant speak doesnt mean they cant write) They may know sign language. Type it on a computer.

JayHawes

It is ignorant to say such. The Arabic Language began to be spoken around the 6th Century more than 600 years after the death of Jesus. Koine Greek, in which the New Testament of the BIble was written, names God as Theos, in the Old Testament Hebrew and Aramic God's names are many; Elohim, El, El Shaddai, Yahweh- Y H V H, among many others. Hebrew as well as Greek existed long before Arabic was spoken, to say that a language created more than 6,000 after Abraham, 4,000 after Moses, and 600 after Jesus, gives the true name of God is foolishness. Its just a different translation of the many pre-existing names of the creator God.

niceman20

Slave of Allah
My dear non-muslim friends,

Those who are wise they really understand and accept Islam and the ones who do not accept easily there are miracles for them and after these miracles if they don't believe then they are not forced in any way and they are themselves responsible for their decision on the day of judgement.
Those friends who were asking for miracles, here is a website which I have just started building and here i will put all those visual miracles of the nature in which its clearly stated that God is the one and the only and Muhammad is his messenger. Remember that the pictures which I will submit on my site are real and of nature.
if you want to take a look at my site you can but I will submit the pictures of the miracles very soon,so please let me have some time
islamontheweb.bravehost.com
Right now I have just started the site and working on it.....

summia

Scriptural reader
The Muslim prefer calling Allah, instead of english world God. The Arabic world Allah is pure and unique. unlike the English word God.
If you add ' s ' to the God it becomes ' Gods' That becomes plural of God, which is against the Nature. Allah is ONE and SINGULAR.
If you will add ' dess' it becomes ' Godess' which represent to the female, and we all know Allah has neither female popertry nor male.
Allah is the unique word which does not conjure up any mental picture nor can it be played around it.
But some times while speaking to the non MUslim we may have to use inapproperiate word God for Allah; for the sake of understanding.

Truth_Faith13

The Muslim prefer calling Allah, instead of english world God. The Arabic world Allah is pure and unique. unlike the English word God.
If you add ' s ' to the God it becomes ' Gods' That becomes plural of God, which is against the Nature. Allah is ONE and SINGULAR.
If you will add ' dess' it becomes ' Godess' which represent to the female, and we all know Allah has neither female popertry nor male.
Allah is the unique word which does not conjure up any mental picture nor can it be played around it.
But some times while speaking to the non MUslim we may have to use inapproperiate word God for Allah; for the sake of understanding.

But Allah means God right? God is singular until you play around with it!

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
Why doesn't anybody ever add "dette" and call her a Goddette instead of a Goddess? How many more sleepless hours will I have to spend pondering that?

JayHawes

Jehovah means "I am that I am",it literally means God just is. That is his true name, or rather a transliteration of his true name from the Hebrew Y H V H, or Yahweh. Is Allah a better, or the true name of God? Of course not, the word was formed more than 6000 years after Abraham first knew God, who the Jews called Adonai, or The Lord. So what is God's true name/title? I go with the title God, because it is the baisc meaning conveyed by all the names of God, he is GOD and the only God. Adding a "s" to his name, is changing the word. That does not mean that Allah is a better or a more true name than God just becuase a letter can be added to it, but the languages are just different different.

summia

Scriptural reader
Why doesn't anybody ever add "dette" and call her a Goddette instead of a Goddess? How many more sleepless hours will I have to spend pondering that?
well, you can add "Datte" after God but remember....
U cn never change the word ALLAH... this word is unique

niceman20

Slave of Allah
Dear, There are many names of God but which one he likes can be observed from nature. I will submit some of the real pictures of nature on my site in which it can be clearly seen that God likes to be called with the name Allah

Truth_Faith13

allah feminine form is allat - there is also a deviation of alaha also and the quran has 99 names of God, Muhammad himself called God by all his names according the the Quran

McBell

Admiral Obvious
yes dear ofcourse, its very clearly stated in the Quran that Muhammad(PBUH) is the last and final messenger of Allah and the Holy Quran is the Last book of Allah revealed upon Muhammad.
If you still don't believe me then search the internet for Islamic sites or try to find and read the translation of the Holy Quran, or else ask an Islamic Scholar
Perhaps you can give the address for the verse(s)?
Then those of use with a copy of The Qur'an Translation can look it up.

niceman20

Slave of Allah
allahdette
allahs
allahdess

see you can put them onto Allah!

If you add any letters to the word God the meaning in English really changes,but Allah is an Arabic word and if you add any letters to it in Arabic language the meaning does not change or such words do not exist.

JayHawes

Adding leeters to a word to proove that is is not better than another is a meaningless argument. You must have to dig into a garbage can to find that argument becuase it has no basis as to prooving whether or not Allah is God's true, or superior name.

niceman20

Slave of Allah
Dear friend,
This is not a meaningless argument you can imagine from the name that it cannot be played with then how can you change the other thousand verses of the Holy book Quran. This is itself a miracle for those who understand.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
yes dear ofcourse, its very clearly stated in the Quran that Muhammad(PBUH) is the last and final messenger of Allah and the Holy Quran is the Last book of Allah revealed upon Muhammad.
If you still don't believe me then search the internet for Islamic sites or try to find and read the translation of the Holy Quran, or else ask an Islamic Scholar
If it is so clearly stated, then why is it you cannot tell me where in the Qur'an it is?