• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The name of our creator is ALLAH

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
It is ignorant to say such. The Arabic Language began to be spoken around the 6th Century more than 600 years after the death of Jesus. Koine Greek, in which the New Testament of the BIble was written, names God as Theos, in the Old Testament Hebrew and Aramic God's names are many; Elohim, El, El Shaddai, Yahweh- Y H V H, among many others. Hebrew as well as Greek existed long before Arabic was spoken, to say that a language created more than 6,000 after Abraham, 4,000 after Moses, and 600 after Jesus, gives the true name of God is foolishness. Its just a different translation of the many pre-existing names of the creator God.
Er... no. You can read about the real history of Arabic on Wikipedia.

Do you honestly think it magically popped up right when Muhammed did? :areyoucra

AllahkaBanda

People who cant speak can speak in other ways - they can lip read, write (just because they cant speak doesnt mean they cant write) They may know sign language. Type it on a computer.
i don't find any point on arguing on this matter any further, but when we use the world "call" we mean someone calling out or speaking out, not lip reading or writing. anyway forget what i said, back to the topic.
Mestemia said:
If it is so clearly stated, then why is it you cannot tell me where in the Qur'an it is?

Here you go,

Quran said:
33:40 Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things.
Tafsir Ibn Kathir said:
This Ayah clearly states that there will be no Prophet after him. If there will be no Prophet after him then there will surely be no Messenger after him either, because the status of a Messenger is higher than that of a Prophet, for every Messenger is a Prophet but the reverse is not the case. This was reported in many Mutawatir Hadiths narrated from the Messenger of Allah via a group of his Companions, may Allah be pleased with them. Imam Ahmad recorded a narration from Ubayy bin Ka`b, from his father that the Prophet said, My parable among the Prophets is that of a man who built a house and did a good and complete job, apart from the space of one brick which he did not put in its place. The people started to walk around the building, admiring it and saying, "If only that brick were put in its place. '' Among the Prophets, I am like that brick.) It was also recorded by At-Tirmidhi, who said "Hasan Sahih.''

I don't recall the aya'h saying that Quran is the last book but by default it's obvious that if Prophet(SAW) was the last Prophet then Quran has to be the last divine book.

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!

Do you honestly think it magically popped up right when Muhammed did? :areyoucra

LOLOL I was thinking that same thing. I mean Muhammad made up a whole language huh? Or maybe Arabia and its people were a figment of his imagination? Get real.....

JayHawes

I was thinking about the formation of the Koran when i was writing about the formation of the Arabic language, thanks for catching that mistake. But however Arabic is closely related to Ancient Hebrew and aramaic, it changed over time, and the Arabic version i speak of existed in 600 A.D. (C.E).

gnomon

The creator of the universe sent the last and final messenger Muhammad (PBUH) as a mercy to the mankind. The last Messenger of Allah brought the religion Islam which is an arabic word and it means submitting your will to Allah and being obedient to his laws.Everything and every phenomenon in the world other than man is administered totally by God-made laws, ie. they are obedient to God and submissive to his laws, they are in the State of Islam. Man possesses the qualities of intelligence and choice, thus he is invited to submit to the good will of God and obey His law, ie, become a Muslim.
Quran which is the last and final of all the religious books was revealed upon Muhammad(PBUH). Holy Quran is a complete and unchallenged book of Allah. Its mentioned in the Holy Quran that the name of our creator isAllahand he is the one and only and there is no God but him.

The Religion Islam has the solutions to all the problems of the mankind. Its a true religion and none of its teachings are against humanity.It is a complete code of life.

Holy Quran is a book of miracles,guidance,healing and cure,wisdom,salvation,knowledge and much more

I call my creators Mom and Dad.

You bet I had to be obedient to their laws.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I was thinking about the formation of the Koran when i was writing about the formation of the Arabic language, thanks for catching that mistake. But however Arabic is closely related to Ancient Hebrew and aramaic, it changed over time, and the Arabic version i speak of existed in 600 A.D. (C.E).
Yeah, it also existed before then. What's your point?

khairullah

IS ALLAH MENTIONED IN OTHER SCRIPTURES

Almost all the major religious scriptures of the world contain the word "Allah" as one of the names of God.

a. Elohim El, Elah, Alah
In the Bible, God is very often referred to as ‘Elohim’ in the Hebrew language. The ‘im’ in the ending is a plural of honour and God is referred to as ‘El’ or ‘Elah’ in the English Bible with commentary, edited by reverend C. I. Scofield. ‘Elah’ is alternatively spelled as ‘Alah’.

The difference in spelling is only of a single ‘L’. Muslims spell Allah as ‘Allah’ while the Reverend has spelled it as Alah and they pronounce it as ‘Elah’. Muslims pronounce it as Allah. Hebrew and Arabic are sister languages therefore we say it should be pronounced as ‘Allah’ and not as ‘Elah’.
When I was in school, I was taught ‘D, O’ is do, ‘T, O’ is to. What is ‘G, O’ It is ‘go’ and not ‘gu’. ‘N, U, T’ is nut, ‘C, U, T’ cut; ‘B, U, T’ is but, what is ‘P, U, T’? Not ‘pat’ but it is ‘put’. If you ask "Why?" The answer is "It is their language". If I have to pass I have to say ‘P, U, T’ is ‘put’ and not ‘pat’. Similarly the right pronunciation for A, L, L, A, H, is Allah.

b. Jesus (pbuh) cried out Allah Allah when he was put on the cross
It is mentioned in the New Testament in the Gospel of Mathew, chapter 27 verse 46 as well as Gospel of Mark, chapter 15 verse 34 when Jesus (pbuh) was put on the cross.
Jesus cried with a loud voice saying "E’-Li, E’-Li la’-ma sa-bach’-tha-ni?" that is to say, ‘My God, My God why hast Thou Forsaken Me?’ Does this sound like Jehovah! Jehovah! why has thou forsaken me? Does it sound like Abba Abba? The answer is ‘No’. Hebrew and Arabic are sister languages and if you translate "E’-Li, E’-Li la’-ma sa-bach’-tha-ni" into Arabic it is ‘Allah Allah lama tarak tani’ does it sound similar?

This statement of Jesus (pbuh), "E’-Li, E’-Li la’-ma sa-bach’-tha-ni" is preserved in its original Hebrew in each and every of its translation which is available in more than 2000 different languages of the world and in each and every of them, "Allah" is present.

2. "Allah" in Sikhism
One of the names by which Gurunanak Sahib referred to God is "Allah".

3a. "Allah" in Rigveda Book 2 Hymn I verse II
Even in the Rigveda which is the most sacred scripture of the Hindus, one of the attributes given to God Almighty in Book no 2 Hymn no I verse II, is ‘Ila’ which if pronounced properly is the same as Allah.

3b. Allo Upanishad:
Amongst the various Upanishads one of the Upanishad is named as ‘Allo’ Upanishad in which God is referred to as "Allah" several times.

Allah says in the holy Quran:
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']“Soon will We show them Our Signs in the (furthest) regions (of the earth), and in their own souls, until it becomes manifest to them that this is the Truth it is not enough that Thy Lord doth witness all things?”

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][Al-Qur’an 41:53][/font][FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][/font]

Allah's name is written on a sheep's body found in Palistine.
you guys can see his name appeared in the nature, just go to www.google.com
and type "Allah's name in the nature".

[/font]

Rolling_Stone

I'm confused. Based on what I read in the first post, I have to ask niceman20 what it is he worships: Mohamed, the Koran, his beliefs or Allah?

Truth_Faith13

i
don't find any point on arguing on this matter any further, but when we use the world "call" we mean someone calling out or speaking out, not lip reading or writing. anyway forget what i said, back to the topic.

Ok but thats not what you said or at least what I thought you said. Here is what you said:-

How in the world you gonna find out the name a duff person "call" God by when you can't hear that person.

Thats says you wont even know the name the would want to "call" if they could speak. When you could find out their name, they just wouldnt be able to "call" it.

AllahkaBanda

Yeah, it also existed before then. What's your point?
I wonder what was your point when you brought that up
I call my creators Mom and Dad.

You bet I had to be obedient to their laws.
your parents are means of your existence. They didn't create all your body organs etc. Everyone has rights on you; after Allah(God) your parents has the most rights on you. At least that's what Islam teaches us.

i

Ok but thats not what you said or at least what I thought you said. Here is what you said:-
Thats says you wont even know the name the would want to "call" if they could speak. When you could find out their name, they just wouldnt be able to "call" it.
ok, i lose you win. I was all the time emphasizing on word "call" means speaking out.

Holy Quran is a book of miracles,guidance,healing and cure,wisdom,salvation,knowledge and much more[/quote]

from what i know the Quran can only be appreciated and understood when spoken -- since Muhammed could not read or write -- the true appreciation is the oral recitation -- but since I can not speak arabic i will never be able to truly appreciate the feeling and emotions that come from hearing it spoken

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I wonder what was your point when you brought that up
My point is that it (both the language and the specific dialect used in the Quran) certainly existed before 600 AD... it didn't magically pop up when Muhammed did, as JayHawes claimed.

Truth_Faith13

from what i know the Quran can only be appreciated and understood when spoken -- since Muhammed could not read or write -- the true appreciation is the oral recitation -- but since I can not speak arabic i will never be able to truly appreciate the feeling and emotions that come from hearing it spoken

Very good point! :)

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Alot of non-arabic speakers have been affected with it even though they didn't understand what they heard, and the scholars said that its related to the tone and the way the words are spoken of, and about the combination of letters and words, and there might be other things but they didn't figure out that yet. Then, they concluded that even those who can't understand arabic might be affected with the words of Allah in the Quran. :)

I have a non-muslim friend who told me that she have been affected with the words of the Quran when she heard it even thought she didn't understand it. Why don't you try it out and see if you gonna be affected with it or not? :)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Those who are wise they really understand and accept Islam
So are you implying those that do not follow Islam are un-wise simply because they do not follow Islam?

UnityNow101

The Truth...Quran recital in the Arabic tongue is absolutely beautiful and really soothes one's soul. I don't know Arabic but would like to learn, if possible. Is it a hard language to learn? It seems as though it would be.

schlater825

My goodness. Why would there be a name for our creator? I know I'm new here but there are many different names for many different people. Naming things is a human trait. Why can't god be god? Or the higher power? Or Allah? Or what ever else helps us focus on the power above us. The reason for naming things is to help us have a pin point on what were are focusing on. I do candle "magic." But the whole point of the colors of the candles is to help us focus. In other words, to some people a green candle might help remind you of earth and nature, or to some people money. And you focus and it helps you to focus on your intent. So naming "God" or "Allah" or what ever is a way of helping humans to focus on our higher power. Just my opionon. :) (Sorry about spelling, never was my strong point.)