• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The only solution is to love all mankind

TransmutingSoul

One Planet, One People, Please!
Premium Member
If you are going to tell me I am incorrect then at least have the basic decency to address what I actually said.
The incorrect is because you made a broad unfounded statement, and that reply is all that is needed to such statements.

Regards Tony

ppp

The incorrect is because you made a broad unfounded statement, and that reply is all that is needed to such statements.

Regards Tony
Tony, Tony, Tony. The thing you objected to was not a part of my post. As usual, you are unable to respond coherently to something I said, so you respond incoherently to something that you pulled out of your butt. Tsk. Tsk.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I personally think we will not see peace in our lifetimes,

we are living in an age of great bounty, an age promissed in all scriptures, where humanity will find oneness.
What is this promise in all scriptures? Can you tell me the scriptures and verses that say the promised one comes and dies and the world is still fighting wars with weapons much more powerful and deadly than the ones when the Baha'i prophet was alive?

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
What is this promise in all scriptures? Can you tell me the scriptures and verses that say the promised one comes and dies and the world is still fighting wars with weapons much more powerful and deadly than the ones when the Baha'i prophet was alive?
It's not a unknown concept to Christianity CG.

Do a search, look it up and balance these thoughts in your own mind. Here is one person's opinion.

Don Stewart :: Why Will God Release the Devil for a Short Time after Christ Returns?

Regards Tony

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Let's not worry about all the nations of the world... let's just talk about how you could make it work in a country that is sort of already united and sort of at peace with itself, the United States. The two major parties don't agree on very much and can't seem to be able to work together. Now apply the Baha'i plan to the U.S.

One side wants semi-automatic weapons to be easily accessible. The other wants to ban them. One side is against abortion. The other wants it. One side says the other side cheated on the last presidential election and tried to use force to keep the winning side from taking control. Who was right? Who were the cheaters and the liars? Who would the member state rise up against and stop? Each state has people from both sides.

If the Baha'i plan depends on a majority of the people, then would does that majority do if the minority doesn't want to agree to the terms and wants to fight? What happens in the Baha'i plan if the majority wants abortion to be a right, but the minority says that it is wrong, and it is taking the life of an unborn human?

Yes, I'm so doubtful. And no, Baha'is don't go into the details. And like with the Baha'i stand on homosexuality, when they do, they raise the concern of a lot of people that do not agree with what the Baha'is believe.

Now one answer would be... apply what Baha'is claim to be God's laws. Anybody disagreeing with God's laws would then be wrong. And if those people rebel and fight, what would be the Baha'i solution? In the U.S. we had that situation with prohibition. The "Godly" thing to do would be to ban all alcoholic beverages.

And Baha'is agree, they say God's law ban alcohol. Yet, when the U.S. tried to enforce such a law, well-armed people rose up and fought against the government's authorities, the police and FBI.

So, in a world where God's law prevails, what would Baha'is recommend for a solution to those that would produce and distribute alcohol? And what would the Baha'is do if the majority wanted alcoholic beverages and didn't want to follow God's law? Let the majority have their way? Since you know drinking goes along very well with other vices, like sexual promiscuity, gambling, drunkenness and people willing to drink could also want to do recreational drugs. In a peaceful, united world can we have such things go on and for them to be legal?

So, take my doubts away. Show me the Baha'i plan can fix all those things.
The only world where God’s laws would apply is one where the people wanted it. When people desire they want these laws only then will they be enacted. Everything is voluntary. The Baha’is can’t fix anything. It’s up to the world and its people if they want, to adopt the Baha’i teachings and laws if they see merit in them. If they don’t, the world stays the same. No conquering by the sword and no force or coercion. So it’s all up to people. And so far they have been left free to reject Baha’u’llah and His Message for over 150 years and that’s their choice and nothing we can do about it. People will choose their own destiny always. I believe, as a Baha’i, that if the world adopted the Baha’i teachings in practice not just words, then this world would find peace and happiness. But it can’t be forced on people because they have to independently investigate life for themselves and be left alone to either accept or reject. No one ‘made’ me a Baha’i or ‘converted’ me. I chose to investigate and fell in love with it and dedicated my life to try and be an example and help humanity in whatever small way I can.

Basically, the problem is that humanity is too materialistic. With a heightened spiritual outlook we won’t have these wars and strifes. It’s not necessary for humanity to become Baha’is in order to improve their lot. But I believe they must embrace spiritual and altruistic attitudes in life in order to rise above their base instincts of greed and selfishness.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member

Do a search, look it up and balance these thoughts in your own mind. Here is one person's opinion.

Don Stewart :: Why Will God Release the Devil for a Short Time after Christ Returns?

Regards Tony
It is unknown what verses and scriptures you are using.

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
Love and Justice is the key is CG. Personally I did not, and do not need those Scriptures to look at the life and Message of Baha’u’llah, I did not, and do not need those scriptures to determine the Truth Baha’u’llah offered Humanity.

They really are more a distraction than anything else, but I see that they are a bonus to those that have embraced the Messengers.

Regards Tony

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Today humanity is beset with many strifes, conflicts and wars and I believe that the only solution to ending these conflicts over time is for all people to be educated in the home, school, university and workplace to love all humanity unconditionally. It will take time but it is the only ideology which I firmly believe can defeat war, hatred, prejudice and terrorism because it has been proven that over time peace treaties, pacts and covenants eventually fail and war re-emerges unless there is true peace between individuals.

I‘m claiming this to be the main solution to ending war so it is a debate. What do you think?

Acceptance is better than love imo. Love is only one aspect of the totality that humanity needs.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member

Regards Tony
From your link... It says Christ returns and binds Satan for a thousand years... then let's him loose and then casts him into a fiery abyss. How do Baha'is interpret that? Especially since Baha'is have already made a day equals a year, a month was made into days than made into years, so will you be consistent and make the years into days and then make those days into years?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
The Baha’is can’t fix anything. It’s up to the world and its people
I don't believe you. Baha'is are working towards building, what they believe is, a new world order. It is based on what Baha'is believe are Gods' laws and teachings. From what I was taught by Baha'is is that the world is going to go through some hard times, because they essentially rejected Baha'u'llah. The Baha'is will be there with a Baha'i government in place and ready to go... once the old world crumbles.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
we are living in an age of great bounty, an age promissed in all scriptures, where humanity will find oneness. The transition will be painful and destructive, but the transition is well underway.
You said that it is promised in all scriptures.
Yes, a golden age when the Messiah or Kalki or the others come and make a perfect, peaceful world. But where does it say that the Messiah, Kalki or any of the others come and things get worse? That they give their message and get thrown in prison and exiled and die without bringing peace to the world but leave the world with even greater wars still happening?
You say it's "not" unknown. But you don't reference any Scriptures to back up your claims.
Personally I did not, and do not need those Scriptures to look at the life and Message of Baha’u’llah, I did not, and do not need those scriptures to determine the Truth Baha’u’llah offered Humanity.
Then it gets worse... you say "you" don't need them. Yes, but you made the statement that it was "promised" in all Scriptures. For others sake, what are those Scriptures that Baha'is use? But I understand... it's easier to make claims and then not open up the mess by citing Scriptures that maybe sound good to you but are vague and out of context and prove nothing to others.

Take care Tony, I know you and the other Baha'is mean well.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
From your link... It says Christ returns and binds Satan for a thousand years... then let's him loose and then casts him into a fiery abyss. How do Baha'is interpret that? Especially since Baha'is have already made a day equals a year, a month was made into days than made into years, so will you be consistent and make the years into days and then make those days into years?
Days and years don't matter to Baha'is because Baha'is don't believe in a being called Satan. I thought you knew that. :)

“God is loving to all. Shall we be unjust or unkind to anyone? Is this allowable in the sight of God? God provides for all. Is it befitting for us to prevent the flow of His merciful provisions for mankind? God has created all in His image and likeness. Shall we manifest hatred for His creatures and servants? This would be contrary to the will of God and according to the will of Satan, by which we mean the natural inclinations of the lower nature. “This lower nature in man is symbolized as Satan—the evil ego within us, not an evil personality outside.”
The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 287

“The reality underlying this question is that the evil spirit, Satan or whatever is interpreted as evil, refers to the lower nature in man. This baser nature is symbolized in various ways. In man there are two expressions, one is the expression of nature, the other the expression of the spiritual realm…. God has never created an evil spirit; all such ideas and nomenclature are symbols expressing the mere human or earthly nature of man. It is an essential condition of the soil of earth that thorns, weeds and fruitless trees may grow from it. Relatively speaking, this is evil; it is simply the lower state and baser product of nature.”
Abdu’l-Baha, Promulgation of Universal Peace, pp. 294–295.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
do not need those Scriptures to look at the life and Message of Baha’u’llah, I did not, and do not need those scriptures to determine the Truth Baha’u’llah offered Humanity.

They really are more a distraction than anything else, but I see that they are a bonus to those that have embraced the Messengers.
We certainly do not need those older scriptures. Not only are they a distraction, they are completely out of date.

“And now concerning thy question regarding the nature of religion. Know thou that they who are truly wise have likened the world unto the human temple. As the body of man needeth a garment to clothe it, so the body of mankind must needs be adorned with the mantle of justice and wisdom. Its robe is the Revelation vouchsafed unto it by God. Whenever this robe hath fulfilled its purpose, the Almighty will assuredly renew it. For every age requireth a fresh measure of the light of God. Every Divine Revelation hath been sent down in a manner that befitted the circumstances of the age in which it hath appeared.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 81

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
we are living in an age of great bounty, an age promissed in all scriptures, where humanity will find oneness. The transition will be painful and destructive, but the transition is well underway.

You said that it is promised in all scriptures.
The claim was that this "promise" was found in all scriptures. Why give a "thumbs up" to a wrong answer? What verses in the Scriptures of other religions do Baha'is use to support their claim that this age, as it is being played out, is promised in all those Scriptures in the other religions.

You have to support the claim that all religions predicted two manifestations from God and that both would come from Persis... and that one would be executed and the other thrown in jail and then exiled to Palestine. Does that fit the prophecies about the Kalki Avatar? Or the Maitreya? Baha'is have a hard enough time trying to make the Jewish Messiah and the return of Christ fit.