• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Paedophile Hunter

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You might be correct, but if you are basing that on the age of consent your reasoning is awful.

I wish that there was a better way to distinguish between competent humans and children other than age. But I don't know of one.
Who should be free to muck up their life with irresponsible sex? I don't want 14yo to have that freedom.

I am a serious prude. I had a lot of irresponsible sex when I was young. Call me a hypocrite if you want, I see it as the voice of experience.

Tom

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Did you actually read my original point she commented on? Her comment did not address my point. Her comment addressed a different point she wanted to address.

I read your original comment about how you have always had a problem with set-ups, as well as your thoughts about lower urges and having something placed in your lap giving more temptation to these lower urges.

Is this not your response?

Midnight Rain

Protected from what? From having sex with someone they want to? Because they suddenly know better when they reach 16?
For better or worse it is the law. The people have come together to set guidelines on who should be allowed to make choices of that nature for themselves.
In America for example it is usually 18. In a few places its 17 but the vast majority of American age of consent is 18.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
yes it seemed to bet he methods and at some point it was an issue of their age being teenagers rather than children. So is it the method purely or is their age a factor to you?

The method involves a mix of showing the pictures from what looks like an adult woman, using the profile of a person aged 18 and then saying right at the start of the conversation "she" is under 16. The man is initially attracted by "her" looks, it is only after contact begins that he knows "she" is under 16. This means, in essence, that the man didn't stumble upon this girl trying to have sex with a teenager. It seems fair to assume that those men wanted to have sex with "her" despite her age, and not because of "her" age.

The other part regarding age is that I don't think it is inherently wrong for an adult to have sex with a teenager, as long she wasn't manipulated or pressured. I consider the age of consent to be a rather nebulous area which ought to be better looked at in a case-by-case basis.

Last edited:

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I wish that there was a better way to distinguish between competent humans and children other than age. But I don't know of one.
Who should be free to muck up their life with irresponsible sex? I don't want 14yo to have that freedom.

I am a serious prude. I had a lot of irresponsible sex when I was young. Call me a hypocrite if you want, I see it as the voice of experience.

Tom

But what grants a 16 years old with sufficient wisdom to have sex with anyone she wishes?
What about 14 years old people who have sex with others 14 years old?

I think that we need to have a set year for age of consent, but that it should be up to the judges to evaluate whether exceptions should be made on each case. That's the best solution I can come up with.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
So your stance is as soon as someone starts puberty they can consent to sex with an adult?

I will quote myself: " How long after the puberty onset it should be I can't tell, and I would say that it would vary from case to case."

Wherenextcolumbus

I will quote myself: " How long after the puberty onset it should be I can't tell, and I would say that it would vary from case to case."
So you are saying that law enforcement should take into consideration the time between when someone starts puberty and when an attempt of grooming has taken place on them? E.G they showed signs of puberty at 8 years old, was approach by an adult at 12 years old, so they begun puberty 4 years ago, the adult that has approached them is now aware of their age and starts a sexual conversation. And we should take into consideration how long ago the child started puberty is that correct?

Midnight Rain

The method involves a mix of showing the pictures from what looks like an adult woman, using the profile of a person aged 18 and then saying right at the start of the conversation "she" is under 16. The man is initially attracted by "her" looks, it is only after contact begins that he knows "she" is under 16. This means, in essence, that the man didn't stumble upon this girl trying to have sex with a teenager. It seems fair to assume that those men wanted to have sex with "her" despite her age, and not because of "her" age.
Part of the problem is that there are girls who look older at that age. It doesn't make it less wrong. Would you have been okay with it if he posted pictures of actual 14 year old girl that looked older?
The other part regarding age is that I don't think it is inherently wrong for an adult to have sex with a teenager, as long she wasn't manipulated or pressured. I consider the age of consent to be a rather nebulous area which ought to be better looked at in a case-by-case basis.
This is neither here nor there in this debate I think.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
So you are saying that law enforcement should take into consideration the time between when someone starts puberty and when an attempt of grooming has taken place on them? E.G they showed signs of puberty at 8 years old, was approach by an adult at 12 years old, so they begun puberty 4 years ago, the adult that has approached them is now aware of their age and starts a sexual conversation. And we should take into consideration how long ago the child started puberty is that correct?

I didn't mention any specific time-lapse as a minimum between puberty and her current age, so I don't know what would be the usefulness of knowing how long ago the puberty started even if that could be determined.

Wirey

Fartist
A tale of vigilantism:

Back in the '80s one of my aunts noticed a steady stream of visitors going into a building on her street after midnight. After a few days of nosiness she figured out that there were a few ladies of the evening in the house, and she was seeing johns making their way in. She gathered up a couple of neighbours and started taking pictures of the license plates of the johns, which ended business in a hurry. The house in question was swiftly vacated.

Turns out the police were watching the house, too. The guy running it had a couple of underage girls in his employ, and they were planning a raid. Instead, the guy moved the girls and it took the cops a few extra months to find them. My do-gooder aunt had those nice young ladies spread their legs a hundred or two times more than they should have because she was sooooo smart. The cops were overjoyed at wasting all that work.

Butt out, and call a cop.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I read your original comment about how you have always had a problem with set-ups, as well as your thoughts about lower urges and having something placed in your lap giving more temptation to these lower urges.

Is this not your response?
Somewhat, and my response was also that the guy being set-up may never have gone that far ever with his urges if it hadn't been made too easy. I never got a response to that point.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A tale of vigilantism:

Back in the '80s one of my aunts noticed a steady stream of visitors going into a building on her street after midnight. After a few days of nosiness she figured out that there were a few ladies of the evening in the house, and she was seeing johns making their way in. She gathered up a couple of neighbours and started taking pictures of the license plates of the johns, which ended business in a hurry. The house in question was swiftly vacated.

Turns out the police were watching the house, too. The guy running it had a couple of underage girls in his employ, and they were planning a raid. Instead, the guy moved the girls and it took the cops a few extra months to find them. My do-gooder aunt had those nice young ladies spread their legs a hundred or two times more than they should have because she was sooooo smart. The cops were overjoyed at wasting all that work.

Butt out, and call a cop.
Poor results like that are a very real risk. It would make sense to advise the cops beforehand, in order to make an informed decision about how & when vigilantize.

Midnight Rain

Based on what do you see it as wrong ?
It is my view, and the view of most of these countries as a governing agency, that there is a minimum age requirement that is necessary before we can view them as adults who have accumulated enough knowledge and experience to be able to make major life choices with permanent effects. Obviously there will never be a day in which one suddenly "attains" this level and it varies probably from individual to individual. However for it to be functional there needs to be a pragmatic basis in which we enforce the ruling. From there we arrive at a standardization of some kind and thus it emerges as a minimum age requirement.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It is my view, and the view of most of these countries as a governing agency, that there is a minimum age requirement that is necessary before we can view them as adults who have accumulated enough knowledge and experience to be able to make major life choices with permanent effects. Obviously there will never be a day in which one suddenly "attains" this level and it varies probably from individual to individual. However for it to be functional there needs to be a pragmatic basis in which we enforce the ruling. From there we arrive at a standardization of some kind and thus it emerges as a minimum age requirement.
I'm struck by how rational this is.
You must be a real bore at keggers!

Wherenextcolumbus

To be honest I thought this be would obvious to anyone? We could apply this to...I don't know....getting a tattoo, what's the difference between a 17 year old and an 18 year old when getting a tattoo? Getting married without parental consent...what's the difference between a 17 year old and 18 year old? The point is there has to be a cut off point.

Koldo

Outstanding Member

You didn't reply to my question. On what basis do you view it as wrong?