• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the Pagans tea-room

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Yup! I'm growing my own herbs and a few veggies in the backyard. I try to buy locally grown stuff as much as possible, too, but my limited budget doesn't always allow for that.

Revasser

Terrible Dancer
FeathersinHair said:
Yup! I'm growing my own herbs and a few veggies in the backyard. I try to buy locally grown stuff as much as possible, too, but my limited budget doesn't always allow for that.

What do you grow, Feathers?

Myself, I only grow some onions and some spinach (or silverbeet to the Brits.) I love spinach, so I actually really put effort into growing it but the onions just started to sprout in the kitchen cupboard, so I figured I may as well put them in the ground and see what happened.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Spinich! *happy dances* It's so wonderful to know that I'm not the only person that enjoys it!

Rosemary is the primary herb I concentrate on. Sage is good, too. Tomatoes grow quickly, and are just so delicious when you pick them right from the vine and munch 'em- the sun's warmth making it all the more delicious! (Wow, now I can't wait 'till the end of summer!) Flowers are what I really enjoy growing, with moonflowers, morning glories and daisies being my particular loves. :)

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
FeathersinHair said:
You're more than welcome! In my opinion, religion doesn't matter! Anyone who wants to join us can!

I'd like to call West, if I may!
Ooh ooh ooh! Surely I am welcome, even tho I don't self-identify as Pagan? Afterall, I help organize the solstice and equinox celebrations at my church. And the pentagram is on my ring (along with the solar cross, the Magden David, the yin yang, and the om). I always call East. Can I call East? :bounce

(Of course you would identify with West, Feathers. You swim in the waters of compassion! :) )

Reactions: d.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
lilithu said:
Ooh ooh ooh! Surely I am welcome, even tho I don't self-identify as Pagan? Afterall, I help organize the solstice and equinox celebrations at my church. And the pentagram is on my ring (along with the solar cross, the Magden David, the yin yang, and the om). I always call East. Can I call East? :bounce
hands off kid, East was alreay called pages ago :D
(Of course you would identify with West, Feathers. You swim in the waters of compassion! :) )
awwww, so sweet! of course you are welcome here! :hug:

Revasser

Terrible Dancer
FeathersinHair said:
Spinich! *happy dances* It's so wonderful to know that I'm not the only person that enjoys it!
Spinach gets a bad rap for some reason, but I really love it. It's full of iron too, which is something I'm often short of. I find it's really great to just get a ribbon of raw spinach leaf and wrap it around a piece of goat feta cheese. It's a great snack, and you can give it a quick blast in the microwave or the oven for cold days.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Revasser said:
Spinach gets a bad rap for some reason, but I really love it. It's full of iron too, which is something I'm often short of.
Except that the iron in spinach is chelated and thus mostly inaccessible. Still delicious tho!

Spinach is often over-cooked (at least in the U.S.) and becomes a tasteless, slimey mush. My guess is that's why so many people don't like it (or think they don't).

Unedited

I hope no one minds if I jump in on the conversation... :)

lilithu said:
Except that the iron in spinach is chelated and thus mostly inaccessible. Still delicious tho!

Spinach is often over-cooked (at least in the U.S.) and becomes a tasteless, slimey mush. My guess is that's why so many people don't like it (or think they don't).

Most certainly. What passes for spinach here is so disgusting! But fresh spinach is so delicious. I love eating the leafs and also the core.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Mike182 said:
hands off kid, East was alreay called pages ago :D
Kid? :areyoucra

Well that's fine. I actually don't like public speaking, which includes circle casting. :eek: So I'll just hang and eat cookies while you guys do all the work. :p In honor of Beltaine, pass the May Wine!

Revasser

Terrible Dancer
lilithu said:

Is it? Phooey! Good thing I hit the brocoli, kidney beans and other iron-rich things too, then!

Draka

Wonder Woman
I don't have anything growing outside now, but last year I had a little garden of sorts. I had oregano, chives, lavender, and a few others. This year, however, I have my neighbors dogs to contend with in the yard. I'd love to have my own house and yard so that I could grow what I like and not have to worry about neighbors and their big dogs. :( That's also one of the contributing factors to me not doing outside rituals either. That and the positioning of the yard in respects to the veiws from others' houses and church. Can't you just see how THAT goes over. :rolleyes:

Krie

im not of a religion can i be there?
but i thought that druids hate the undead they wouldn't like things i'd have to say so i will be good and cherish their thoughts anyway

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Revasser, you've gone and made me really hungry! The leaves and cheese sound especially delicious!

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/member.php?u=5075Lillithu, you're always welcome, not only for your involvement with helping out your church, but because you're your awesome self!

And I think East is big enough for the both of you, Mike and Lillithu! *grin* Or maybe one of you wishes to call North-east or South-east? Since it's a virtual circle, at least we don't have to have anyone sitting in each others laps!

(Thanks for your comment about West, Lillithu. *hugs* That really made my day!)

We're glad to have you with us, Unedited! I especially love your avatars!

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Krie said:
im not of a religion can i be there?
but i thought that druids hate the undead they wouldn't like things i'd have to say so i will be good and cherish their thoughts anyway

Sure, you're always welcome, Krie! *brings out a tray of tea and cookies*

I really haven't heard of any pagan tradition that have strong feelings about the undead one way or another. But that might be just me. (I tend to be unaware of things!) As long as people aren't setting out to be offensive, I doubt anyone will be offended! If I may ask, what do you have to say about the undead?

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
FeathersinHair said:
And I think East is big enough for the both of you, Mike and Lillithu! *grin* Or maybe one of you wishes to call North-east or South-east? Since it's a virtual circle, at least we don't have to have anyone sitting in each others laps!
Eh, when I was in New York, I called West. Now that I'm in DC, I call East. I'll fill in where ever I am needed. Just feed me cookies. :p

Actually, in my church when we call quarters UU style, we need five people, one for each cardinal direction and one to call Spirit. (Do any of you guys do that?) And sometimes, being the PC people that we are, we have six people, because Spirit is represented by both a male and a female. :D

FeathersinHair said:
(Thanks for your comment about West, Lillithu. *hugs* That really made my day!)
Just calls em as I sees em. :cool:

Draka

Wonder Woman
Hey all! I don't know how often I may be in here for a little while. I haven't been around for the past couple days or so due to complications and being on bedrest. I was in the hospital most of Sunday with pre-term labor and may be going back today because the medication they have me on is not stopping the contractions. I'm still having them. They are tolerable, but it's too early for it now. I'm only 34 weeks and a few days right now and that's not enough for him to be healthy if born. So I shall hope that they can find something to stop the contractions soon so there's no more progress.

I'll keep in touch when I can.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Draka said:
Hey all! I don't know how often I may be in here for a little while. I haven't been around for the past couple days or so due to complications and being on bedrest. I was in the hospital most of Sunday with pre-term labor and may be going back today because the medication they have me on is not stopping the contractions. I'm still having them. They are tolerable, but it's too early for it now. I'm only 34 weeks and a few days right now and that's not enough for him to be healthy if born. So I shall hope that they can find something to stop the contractions soon so there's no more progress.

I'll keep in touch when I can.

:hug: i hope it works out ok, but you take care of yourself as well, ok!

i expect both updates and, later on, photos!

Draka

Wonder Woman
Spells, prayers, whatever, are welcome. Right now I am not progressing anymore when it comes to dialation, but the contractions are still here. The doctor told me to just take it esy and if they get worse to let him know. Just to do what helps. I'm trying to get up and move a bit from time to time, it seems to help. I just can't be upright for very long without getting winded and a bit warm. I just don't want him born for at least 3 more weeks. Safer that way.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
well, it sounds good for now, Draka :hug:

so, i've got my exams coming up in about 4 weeks, and after revising throughout the day, i am coming to meditation at night, with the intent of conscious astral projection - anyone got any experience of this?