• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The poles have changed

We Never Know

No Slack
I haven’t counted. I think he’s great, tho. If he wanted to visit Romania I’d invite him over for a fake tan party.
My point is whether its good or bad he is in the news constantly, he is in this forum constantly, people talk about him constantly. Its all publicity.

As Oscar Wilde is credited with saying, "There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about"

F1fan

Veteran Member
Example is here. There are more threads started about Trump by people who dislike/hate him.
And look how it triggers Trump supporters. They surely would have no idea how bad Trump is if not for critics of the candidate for president. How else would Trump supporters know the racist and untrue things he says? It's not covered by right wing disinformation media. And it goes both ways, as there are a few members who post all sorts of untrue things that are sourced from right wing disinformation, and that is how I know what right wing disinformation media is telling its audience. They are told that Trump is being railroaded by the Biden administration, but it couldn't be further from the truth. A new scandal against Trump has just been reported that is looking into a $10 million donation to Trump's campaign from Egypt back in 2016. It was being investigated in 2017 by the FBI but the Trump administration refused to cooperate, and Bill Barr ended up squashing the investigation, and the crimes are now past the statute of limitations. Let's note the Menendez was just convicted on taking bribes from the same Egyptian president.

I thought about starting a thread about this, but with so many about Trump's crimes, misconduct, stupid comments, racist comments, corrupt activities, and so on, why bother? Isn't what is posted and revealed about Trump enough? No, his supporters continute to ignore anything that would disqualify anyone else. Trump is a special case, a known corrupt conman, and that is what they accept for the nation. As we see it's not acceptable to the rest of the nation, and it's looking like Harris offers an option for swing voters to reject Trump.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The site that I linked averaged all of those polls. That was the figure in the graph. It is still a statistical tie, but she is slightly ahead where she started off, or Biden was, significantly behind. And in recent elections the polls have been shown to be wrong in the Republican's favor. It looked as if the Republicans were ahead in quite a few races, but when it came to voting they lost.

So things are looking very good for Harris. Don't worry, there is a lot of time between now and the elections.
I've been mentioning this for quite a while, but I get little feedback on it. This issue of Democrats out-performing the polling is one of the more interesting aspects of the last few elections, in my view. It shows that there is an undercurrent of sanity that tends to overcome partisan bias when people are finally alone in the polling booth. And it is consistent, which seems to indicate the much of the crowd-noise at Trump rallies is mob-fuelled, but not really heart-felt. People are funny that way -- but it really does pay to know something about human nature. We don't betray our misgivings publicly, we keep them private.

I am of the strong opinion that come November 5 (barring any stupidity on Harris's part) this will be even more a factor at the polls. It is for this reason that I've been saying recently that I'm beginning to sense the approach of something of a blue wave.

We Never Know

No Slack
And look how it triggers Trump supporters. They surely would have no idea how bad Trump is if not for critics of the candidate for president. How else would Trump supporters know the racist and untrue things he says? It's not covered by right wing disinformation media. And it goes both ways, as there are a few members who post all sorts of untrue things that are sourced from right wing disinformation, and that is how I know what right wing disinformation media is telling its audience. They are told that Trump is being railroaded by the Biden administration, but it couldn't be further from the truth. A new scandal against Trump has just been reported that is looking into a $10 million donation to Trump's campaign from Egypt back in 2016. It was being investigated in 2017 by the FBI but the Trump administration refused to cooperate, and Bill Barr ended up squashing the investigation, and the crimes are now past the statute of limitations. Let's note the Menendez was just convicted on taking bribes from the same Egyptian president.

I thought about starting a thread about this, but with so many about Trump's crimes, misconduct, stupid comments, racist comments, corrupt activities, and so on, why bother? Isn't what is posted and revealed about Trump enough? No, his supporters continute to ignore anything that would disqualify anyone else. Trump is a special case, a known corrupt conman, and that is what they accept for the nation. As we see it's not acceptable to the rest of the nation, and it's looking like Harris offers an option for swing voters to reject Trump.
Evidently his haters are more triggered about him.
The thread counts are evidence of that.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Here in Brazil many commenters attribute the contrast between poll results and actual choice of POTUS to the electoral college.

It has been noted that 2004 was the last time a Republican achieved Presidency due to having received more votes than the Democrat candidate.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
If it was actually that bad Trump wouldn't be able to run. Clearly it's not that bad.
Don't be daft! The US Constitution sets out relatively few eligibility requirements for presidential candidates: they must be at least 35, be a “natural born” US citizen and have lived in the US for at least 14 years. There are no rules blocking candidates with criminal records. So clearly, it wouldn't matter if it was that bad, as long as people like you refuse to see him for what he is, he'll get some votes.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Of course.

It is disturbing to know that there is a non-insignificant chance of such a dangerous and irresponsible person being given that much power.

What else would you expect?

Tomef

My point is whether its good or bad he is in the news constantly, he is in this forum constantly, people talk about him constantly. Its all publicity.

As Oscar Wilde is credited with saying, "There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about"
Yes he does seem to hang about a lot.

We Never Know

No Slack

F1fan

Veteran Member
It's not mere hate. Many don't ever claim to hate the guy, as he seems to be suffering from some mental problems. Tour own comments have been critical of Trump and acknowledge that he is not fit to be president, so I'm not sure what your point is here.
Can you blame people for having very serious concerns about the support Trump has, and the chance he has of being president again? It's not just just Americans that have skin in this game, it is people all over the wolrd whose lives could be negatively affected by him being elected. I have noticed how certain members are more defensive than usual about their support for Trump, and also noticed they are more abrasive than usual. They work hard to minimize the things Trump does and says, but it is obvious what they are doing, and how Trump can't be argued as a superior candidate.

Yeah, so the more absurd the conservtives become the more it will be discussed. The more Trump goes crazy and says stupid things the more it will get discussed. Look at what Trump calls a black job, "anyone with a job". Then why call it black? He causes his own attention. He's like a spoiled brat who is upset that his sister is getting attention for a great report card, and his response is to break a lamp.

Just think how Trump will dwindle as an important topic if he loses, and doesn't cause another attack against the USA. He will be a page 6 story updating folks on the progress of his many criminal trials. I can't wait.

We Never Know

No Slack
It's not mere hate. Many don't ever claim to hate the guy, as he seems to be suffering from some mental problems. Tour own comments have been critical of Trump and acknowledge that he is not fit to be president, so I'm not sure what your point is here.

Can you blame people for having very serious concerns about the support Trump has, and the chance he has of being president again? It's not just just Americans that have skin in this game, it is people all over the wolrd whose lives could be negatively affected by him being elected. I have noticed how certain members are more defensive than usual about their support for Trump, and also noticed they are more abrasive than usual. They work hard to minimize the things Trump does and says, but it is obvious what they are doing, and how Trump can't be argued as a superior candidate.

Yeah, so the more absurd the conservtives become the more it will be discussed. The more Trump goes crazy and says stupid things the more it will get discussed. Look at what Trump calls a black job, "anyone with a job". Then why call it black? He causes his own attention. He's like a spoiled brat who is upset that his sister is getting attention for a great report card, and his response is to break a lamp.

Just think how Trump will dwindle as an important topic if he loses, and doesn't cause another attack against the USA. He will be a page 6 story updating folks on the progress of his many criminal trials. I can't wait.
My own comments are about both Trump and Biden(was) and both parties.

I am not fixated on a person or a party.

Evidently being a criminal doesn't stop anyone from being president anymore than poor mental fitness does.

No matter who loses there will be a stink.
Both sides will claim the other did something.