• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Here, have a BIG bowl of chicken noodle soup!
hearty-chicken-noodle-soup.jpg

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I have a cold and a slight fever. Meeeh.

If you have throat pain, get a teacup of warm water, twist two small lemons in it, add some iodized salt then beat them all together (if this is the right expression)!

Gargle well with it three times every like 6 hours!

I do this and it helps, usually from the second or third try :)

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Its raining...soon to be sleet and freezing rain and that will be followed by 6 to 10 inches of snow.....and it is March 12th......this is just wrong

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
I ache within and on top of my aches.

Today, my old mum (wheelchair bound from a stroke and obese), wanted me to take her out to a place 150kms away because a new shopping centre was opening up and they had advertised a lot of specials that she would like to buy.

She agreed to fund the trip by filling up my car's petrol tank, buying me lunch and giving me $50 'spending money' (which she did)...and I really wasn't doing anything anyway (apart from gazing at my navel), so I thought I would 'externalise' my awareness and agreed to take her.

When we got there, the place was uphill and downhill all the way, with wheelchair ramps on like a 45 degree incline...and she had just put on another 10kg and bought a new 'heavy duty' wheelchair that weighs a freaking ton...

So, I was doing this for @ 4hrs, then she saw a gym giving ' complimentary half hour exercise class' at that time and she goes "go on, you're wearing trackies anyway"...I'm like 'isn't pushing you around and lifting your chair umpteen times in and out of the boot enough?"...I ended up going and doing the class while she ate ice-cream...I was rewarded with a $20 note and a fat, arthritic finger pointing in the direction of Wendy's after that though! :)

Then, she wanted me to drop her off at my brother's place on the way home (which was on the way), as she usually stays there...my brother was busy in his front yard, planting a row of shrubs across his front fence border and he was like: "Have you got a bit of time to help me out here, please? I need to take care of some other things in an hour"....so, after bundling mum and her chair out of the car again, took about 50 bags of shopping inside her house (mostly tinned food, washing powder and like 10kg dumbells in each hand X 5 times) - then I started digging holes and carting soil for an hour (my brother gave me $20), after which time, my niece and nephew were like "hey, Auntie, wanna play soccer with us?"...when I said I was 'getting too old', I got the 'pwetty pweeze?'...I said I'd play for half an hour only and ended up playing for just over an hour.

Then, I had to drive the 80kms back to my place in peak-hour traffic.

I cannot walk...

Kill me...

Last edited:

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I think I may have sinusitis...and I am supposed to take the family on a trip tomorrow