• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I like the way Vereinigte Maschinenfabrik Augsburg und Maschinenbau
Gesellschaft Nurnberg AG Werk Augsburg just rolls off the tongue.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Weinerschnitzel!

...I just wanted to belong. :sad4:
It's not too hard really. The main troubles are is you have to memorize the gender of the word as well as the word (and everything has a gender that probably doesn't make sense), and you must know the accusative, nominative, dative and genitive cases because the way you end "ein" words or which "der/die/das" words you use depends on who is doing what, and it can make the difference between someone receiving something or giving something, or some other crazy things.
The best part is though, that the really only official rule to the German sentence structure is the verb must go second. Even though they do prefer things go in a certain order, such as Subject-verb-time-manner-location, it really can be anything-verb-anything-anything-anything, which is another reason the cases are so important to memorize.
Du kannst es machen!

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
French has genders for words too and a rather complex grammar.

Anyway, I'm off guys, see you all in 2 weeks!

Have a safe trip Illy.

So does Arabic. Such a very complicated language. It even has dual forms and different kinds of plural forms depending on the number :facepalm:

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
As far as languages go, it would be advantageous for me to learn Spanish (which I am).

However, I also like the sound of Farsi, Mandarin Chinese, Turkish (especially if I get the job at a local Turkish restaurant :p), German, Dutch, and Russian.

Why couldn't I have been lucky enough to be a polyglot? :sad:

Last edited:

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
What about your old posts? Would you delete them, keep them, or just hide them so nobody else could see them?

And, how come?

Basically, I feel as if I rushed with the first blog and didn't really put much effort into it. I think this time around it will be more rounded.

As for my old posts? I will reblog some, and maybe delate others.

Actually, I've just recently made my new one and am trying to find yours to follow.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
As far as languages go, it would be advantageous for me to learn Spanish (which I am).

However, I also like the sound of Farsi, Mandarin Chinese, Turkish (especially if I get the job at a local Turkish restaurant :p), German, Dutch, and Russian.

Why couldn't I have been lucky enough to be a polyglot? :sad:
I've been slowly learning Japanese, though when I first started about the only thing I knew about English is what it's supposed to look like on paper, so it was pretty hard learning a new language when I wasn't even sure what a direct or indirect object is, prepositional phrase, or other such things. But since taking a technical editing class (that dealt heavily in grammar) and a year of German, I am going to pick Japanese back up and hopefully have an easier time with it.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Basically, I feel as if I rushed with the first blog and didn't really put much effort into it. I think this time around it will be more rounded.

As for my old posts? I will reblog some, and maybe delate others.

Actually, I've just recently made my new one and am trying to find yours to follow.
Thanks; I need to update mine and start doing it, again. It's been inactive for a while. :eek:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Dang! I'm out of acetylene & low on oxygen.
I need to heat up some engine parts to remove'm, but I can't by more gas til Tuesday.