• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Sadly....at the moment....based solely on my job.....I think comic book guy speaks for me as well

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The joining fee for Metallic Smell is temporarily 90% off for those who apply today, so don't wait until tomorrow!

Wu Wei

how can you have a Thunderstorm watch and a tornado warning....that makes no sense...but it is what the weather service has said

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
My knee hurts, and it's really stiff. My femoral nerve is numb, and I have to stick my leg straight out and turn my head sideways to see my computer screen.
But fortunately I finally had a surgeon that understands thed clear and plain language of "do not give me opiate narcotics, I am allergic." Yes, I have actually had doctors, and a surgeon, dumb enough to try and give them to me after I tell them no.

I had my blood pressure taken in my Adult Development class.

It was 142/78.

Oh dear...
Mine was 121/71 earlier today, and then as I was getting hooked up to everything, later in the afternoon, it jumped to 133/75. I imagine it will be high tomorrow once the pain sets in.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The band formerly known as Metallic Smell has changed its name to Metallic Spaghetti to reflect its eclectic approach to music and to accompany its first album cover, a picture of tangled up old guitar strings.

Shadow Wolf said:
I imagine it will be high tomorrow once the pain sets in.
Your signing fee has been waved. Welcome to Metallic Spaghetti.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

I have just discovered a new torment that not even the cruelest of torturers or even the devil could come up with: an itch on numb skin that you can scratch all day but never satisfy the itch because you can't feel it being scratched because the skin is too numb.:sad4:

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Merriam-Webster has included "selfie" to it's dictionary.

The kind of :facepalm: I feel is inexpressible. Why couldn't they just let it die? Why has a dictionary become a troll?

illykitty

RF's pet cat
wax is painful, but it's the best... 7 years with no shaving at all, and there already almost nothing that grow back in some places. My mother always used wax too and... Well, she don't really need to do it at all anymore now XD

You can buy easily cheap wax kits you can microwave and use them quickly ;)

I've been hesitating so much because of pain, I'm a total wuss... Well it's ok on my legs (not much hair) but underarms are the problem. Super sensitive.

Have you tried a different brand? For me, Veet barely takes anything off, but Nair will take everything off. It still has a bit of a burn though, but 10 minutes to let it do its thing then a few minutes to rinse it off beats the time it takes to shave, and it much better than the pain of epilating.

Veet works ok-ish on my legs but I had a bad reaction to it on the underarms. I never tried other brands but now I'm hesitant to do so because I still have irritated, sore and redness because of it. It's weird I had a reaction there but not on my legs. :areyoucra

----

Going off on holidays tomorrow. Probably won't post/answer PMs for two weeks.

Wu Wei

I just did something and I keep hearing Darth Vader saying

"Give yourself to the Dark Side"

and then I hear Yoda

"The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny"

in my head

Shadow Wolf

My knee is stiff and hurting, I want to get up and move around, my klonopins aren't helping to sedate me, and I have to finish reading a boring *** chapter from my book about terrorism and democracy. More meat grinding is really all this class looks like it will be.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

And I am really tired, actually quite peeved and nearly offended, that this book incessantly uses the term "Marxist" to describe groups that in no way shape or form resemble the ideas of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I've taken at least 5 D&D alignment tests, and I always get Neutral Evil.

Which is odd, because I always give the most moderate answers possible. If anything, I thought I would be Chaotic Neutral.

Shadow Wolf

I've taken at least 5 D&D alignment tests, and I always get Neutral Evil.

Which is odd, because I always give the most moderate answers possible. If anything, I thought I would be Chaotic Neutral.
I just took the one from the Wizard's website and got Chaotic Neutral.