• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm not proud of this...and I would never buy one..... but I like this little thing

Super Cub C125 ABS
2019-honda-super-cub-c125-8.jpg
I like it.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I like it.

If you are talking the 125, it seems to me that years ago Suzuki made one that looked similar and I keep thinking I saw something similar in an old Italian scooter, but I cannot find a picture of it or remember what it was called so maybe I'm mistaken

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
ummm...do they realize that Indiana was on the side of the Union during the Civil War
I think it's more of a blatant refusal to accept facts about why the Civil War was fought, what the CSA was fighting for, and that it's the flag of a band of traitorous and treasonous states. They don't want to acknowledge that the "state's rights" the CSA was fighting for was slavery, and they love to harp on about heritage but that would mean many of them should retire the Confederate flag and raise the Nazi flag because many in Indiana (especially the Northern parts) are descended from German immigrants.

Shadow Wolf

I like it.
I drove a moped in Walmart's parking lot once. That was probably the scariest moment of my life, and the realization that there is nothing shielding me from everything else made me decide I will probably never want to have a motorcycle or even a moped.

Wu Wei

Last time I was on a moped I was in high school and most of my riding was on dirt. A friend of mine let me try his moped.....until I started trying to do donuts....then for some reason he stopped me. took it back, a and never let me ride it again

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think it's more of a blatant refusal to accept facts about why the Civil War was fought, what the CSA was fighting for, and that it's the flag of a band of traitorous and treasonous states. They don't want to acknowledge that the "state's rights" the CSA was fighting for was slavery, and they love to harp on about heritage but that would mean many of them should retire the Confederate flag and raise the Nazi flag because many in Indiana (especially the Northern parts) are descended from German immigrants.
Midwest German immigrants came here long before Nazi Germany existed.
So we've no such heritage to claim or deny.

Wu Wei

Midwest German immigrants came here long before Nazi Germany existed.
So we've no such heritage to claim or deny.

I know a lot of folks, that come from German immigrants, that fought in WW 2...on the side of the Americans against the Nazis

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I shall answer the gd riddle myself. I say, why not?

It isn't Holy God Almighty who is "sifting through" all the ****. It is the governing body of JWs who are doing it. So, to say God is doing it is call them God. Isn't it?

Shadow Wolf

I will NEVER understand my friends, some who aren't even 30 yet, who say they are old. One of my friends who just turned 30 a month ago thinks she's too old to go back to college. I don't understand those older than me, in their 40s, who said to me "you think turning 30 is bad." No, actually, I didn't think turning 30 was bad and my 30s started off a million times better than how my 20s started.

Shadow Wolf

I also think I am done researching anything for the rest of this week. I didn't have to do this much throughout the entirety of my undergrad studies. I filled out a few more applications today. I'll also probably fill out an application for Medi-Cal to get started towards getting insurance today, or tomorrow. And tomorrow I'll probably hit up the temp agencies.
But my brain hurts. Not my head, my brain, like an "information processing fuse" blew in it.

Shadow Wolf

Yesterday I was actually hoping for something in my car to mess up so I could have a simple and logical step-by-step process to keep my mind there and away from a billion other things.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I just want to say that I have seen posts affirming and rating another post as a good post but then when I look and see if that person followed through and actually gave kudos he (or she) and by the way, I am not talking about myself, I am just noticing it and I think it is weird and unfriendly.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I will NEVER understand my friends, some who aren't even 30 yet, who say they are old. One of my friends who just turned 30 a month ago thinks she's too old to go back to college. I don't understand those older than me, in their 40s, who said to me "you think turning 30 is bad." No, actually, I didn't think turning 30 was bad and my 30s started off a million times better than how my 20s started.
In my 70's, I'm still learning new things and enjoying doing it. I probably won't go back to college for another degree in my 90's like one person did, but "too old" is a very lame excuse given what really old people do.