• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
He likes to try to rile us up by asserting CA is a monolith ignoring for comedic effect that there are low and high income/expense areas in the state.
I found that seems very extremely common. Wherever I looked as I was researching moving here, pretty much everything claimed the entire state is as expensive as LA and San Fransisco. But looking at apartment rates and whatever the cost of living comparison site is, I learned there are some pretty cheap places to live, and places that are fairly comparable to Indiana. Especially if you don't mind living in the middle of a desert. Then it's cheaper than Indiana.

Shadow Wolf

I never thought there would be any making this song tolerable, decent, head bangable, or making it any better.
But to even cover it, I have to wonder what drugs the guy was on so I can make a note to never take them, lol.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I remember that in the year I lived there, the houses
up in the hills climbed from about $100K to $130K.
They gots to be well over $1M by now.
Since we bought our place, inflation has reduced $1 to 25c. Our house has gone up much more than that in value so we're money ahead. Our massage therapist owned a place in the expensive part of Contra Costa County and cashed out a house that was worth $1M. She won.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
As I have at home - computer controlled watering system and car "entertainment" system. The later is not about the car entertaining me, but me entertaining the car by trying to coerce it to do what I want.

If I want to say play a Pandora station through the car's system I select Apps then Pandora. That seems simple. Then for the 10,000 time I have to confirm that I know that the phone company might charge me for data. Then I'll get a connecting message.

Typically this is where fun can begin. The fun is a failure to connect with a very unhelpful error message that might as well say "you lose, sucker". Given that this involves Pandora, the cell company, my phone and the car software, knowing what's wrong is left as an exercise for the masochistic.

I've learned through bitter experience that sometimes the phone forgets the Pandora login, sometimes the phone needs to be rebooted and even sometimes I've turned off something essential on the phone such as bluetooth in a desperate attempt to have enough battery left in case of emergency.

Actually having a helpful message would, of course, spoil all the fun.

Computer controlled water system!!!!....BAH!!!!!!...typical retiree laziness.......although I to have a computerized water system..... I run it manually...Being the "Hard" working man...I walk down the stairs and push the button......:D

Wu Wei

Until the digital god Google casts its spell of electronic rebirth and the system lives once more.

The puny digital Google cannot defeat Ra

Example....thing of Loki as the digital God Google....and the Hulk as Ra (the sun)

This is how it would go

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Computer controlled water system!!!!....BAH!!!!!!...typical retiree laziness.......although I to have a computerized water system..... I run it manually...Being the "Hard" working man...I walk down the stairs and push the button......:D
If you were really hard working rather than hardly working, you'd build a robot who would push the button at your command.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I know it's too much to ask for clothing web sites to include helpful information such as what the target temp for a jacket is and how big the pockets are. LLBean gets my vote, the kind of vote with dollar signs, because they do give target temp and have a chat site to ask about pocket sizes.

Wu Wei

I know it's too much to ask for clothing web sites to include helpful information such as what the target temp for a jacket is and how big the pockets are. LLBean gets my vote, the kind of vote with dollar signs, because they do give target temp and have a chat site to ask about pocket sizes.

Always liked LL Bean....like them better many years ago when they still focused more on outdoors stuff and not so much on everyday stuff....but I still like them and the LL Bean down coat I wear is still going strong after 25 years as is the Polar Fleece Jacket (when polar fleece was thin, dense and warm) and the light hiking boots are still going after 20 years

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Since we bought our place, inflation has reduced $1 to 25c. Our house has gone up much more than that in value so we're money ahead. Our massage therapist owned a place in the expensive part of Contra Costa County and cashed out a house that was worth $1M. She won.
Of course, price inflation has 2 components....
1) Currency devaluation
2) Increased money chasing increased demand.
Some people do well in the housing market, others lose their arsches.
It all depends upon what an area is doing.
Santa Monica CA has been a better bet than Hamtramck MI.

Wu Wei

Of course, price inflation has 2 components....
1) Currency devaluation
2) Increased money chasing increased demand.
Some people do well in the housing market, others lose their arsches.
Santa Monica CA has been a better bet than Hamtramck MI.

There is a 3rd component.... the number of deadbeat retirees taxing the system demanding to get paid to sit home and no nothing

Shadow Wolf

I'd say I'm watching/listening to Sam Harris make a fool of Jordan Peterson, but Peterson is stretching things so far in this debate, neglecting to mention certain things, and refusing to accept factually what the Abrahamic texts say, so he's making a fool of himself.

Shadow Wolf

It is kind of funny though watching the two basically telling the moderator to shut up and give them more time. "We'll be done then, just give another minute.
Moderator: We agreed to 1 hour 15 minutes.
.....several minutes later
Moderator: Ok, I think you two are getting stuck.
Them: We won't get stuck. Give us two more minutes this is important.
Moderator: We won't be any where in two minutes.
....several minutes later they still debate, Mutiny against the moderator, as Harris said, LMAO.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Or how close you live to an area doing very well. The Bay Area is full of serious commuters driving long distances from relatively affordable housing to their jobs.Serious in this case is spending at least 2 hours a day commuting.

Shadow Wolf

I can normally manage my mind being in a million places at once, but it's in a billion places and feels broken, like a hundred TVs each tuned to a different and station but all that's coming through is static and incoherent background noise.
It'll be happy days when I get my medical card and can take a couple tokes to take the edge of my anxiety, lift my depression some, ease the muscle cramps and spasms from IBS, and make the arthritis in my knee more tolerable.

Wu Wei

Oh yeah, that' it...so how may revolutions did the earth make on its axis, per year, in the Jurassic-era