• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Don't you ever wonder how to survive humanity? Humidity would seem to be trivial by comparison.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Driving past Joplin (where I was born), I realized I'm still raging pissed at the doctor who delivered me and didn't put my legs in corrective braces. It's hard telling where I'd be had this correction been done, as I'd have several less injuries, probably no surgeries, and having far less pain. The Navy probably would have taken me then, but would I have been in the same situation to see it as a ticket out of Indiana?

Shadow Wolf

Don't you ever wonder how to survive humanity?
A couple tokes of a good sativa strain and I am better for when it comes to people (other than that it's pretty hard and barely survivable, and these crowded stores in what are still lands are giving me lots of anxiety).
Humidity would seem to be trivial by comparison.
People make LARPing fun. Humidity makes LARPing miserable (far worse than what below freezing temperatures make it).

Shadow Wolf

And the LARPing here doesn't look as good. At one I can still be a dark elf, but they prohibit in-game gods and religions (my previous character was extremely devoted and zealous and I found it very fun to play) and dark elves can't use two-handed weapons (my fighting heavily revolved around going from two-handed styles to one-handed styles with my sword to suit the situation); the other place there are no dark elves and the incants for spells you have to use what the rule book gives you with a couple blanks to fill in. And none of them have the open-ended character development like the one in Indiana.

Shadow Wolf

And having to tell a game marshal if someone is swinging too hard? Back in Indiana we just said to the person "hey, that hit was pretty hard" and we go on about our fight. They also emphasis slow swings instead of pulling your swings, which to me, someone with acting experience and a member of the International Thespian Society, I find that appalling because you can swing at a million miles an hour but connect with the gentleness of a feather if you pull your blows. And the "more moves make for great combat" had me thinking bull**** because it makes for a long and tiring fight that looks good in Hollywood but will get you killed very quickly in a real sword fight.
If UC Berkeley wasn't so far away I'd go beat up the boffer group that meets up for combat stuff.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
No, I've lived in Californiastan.
I'd much rather be here, where I can live like a
king on what would be a pauper's income there.

What are you talking about..... I don't live in California...I live in REAL upstate NY and I know you are all jealous of all the yard work I did in the heat and humidity yesterday.....try and keep up...will ya...

Wu Wei

If I were a lay-about, no account, lazy, good for nothing retiree..... I would be spending the day raking a large area of my lawn, putting down about 1000 pounds of top soil, seeding it, putting down straw and watering it..... but that is only if I was a lay-about, no account, lazy, good for nothing retiree....but I am a fine up standing, energetic, hard working, desk jockey...so I will not be doing any of that retiree, do nothing, lazy day stuff....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If I were a lay-about, no account, lazy, good for nothing retiree..... I would be spending the day raking a large area of my lawn, putting down about 1000 pounds of top soil, seeding it, putting down straw and watering it..... but that is only if I was a lay-about, no account, lazy, good for nothing retiree....but I am a fine up standing, energetic, hard working, desk jockey...so I will not be doing any of that retiree, do nothing, lazy day stuff....
Think of how much you accomplish sitting at that desk.
Is it really more than a layabout retiree?

Wu Wei

Think of how much you accomplish sitting at that desk.
Is it really more than a layabout retiree?

Of course it is...I'm the working man...you're the lay-about, no account, lazy, good for nothing retiree....living off the back of the hard working man....

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Your jealousy is obvious that I can't help but lazily chuckle.

We're living the American dream from "we want the world and we want it NOW" to the easily attainable "we want a nap and we're going to have one NOW"

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Of course it is...I'm the working man...you're the lay-about, no account, lazy, good for nothing retiree....living off the back of the hard working man....
What lasting value do you create at your desk?
I have a nicely organized van.

Wu Wei

Your jealousy is obvious that I can't help but lazily chuckle.

We're living the American dream from "we want the world and we want it NOW" to the easily attainable "we want a nap and we're going to have one NOW"

I don't want the world...its messed up...and if I owned it...I'd be expected to fix it....but a nap would be nice

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
People's computers run properly and safely......and I have a nicely disorganized dask
Safely? Such charming naivete. Or maybe you mean something else by "safe"

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Clearly this is the result of the collusion between big business and big government to drain away the urge of the working class to actually work for a living.

41761478_2058018347576764_4632783799728472064_n.jpg

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Clearly this is the result of the collusion between big business and big government to drain away the urge of the working class to actually work for a living.

41761478_2058018347576764_4632783799728472064_n.jpg
yes, after supporting humans through the Middle Ages and the Age of Enlightenment, cats have earned their retirement

Wu Wei

Safely? Such charming naivete. Or maybe you mean something else by "safe"

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts.

WRONG!!!!!!! The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a 55 gallon drum, put in a rocket and shot into the sun