• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
fun question: using c language print the numbers from 1 to 1000 without using recursion, conditionals or any loops.
Code:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4568645/printing-1-to-1000-without-loop-or-conditionals/4583502#4583502

#include <stdio.h>
int i = 0;
p()    { printf("%d\n", ++i); }
a()    { p();p();p();p();p(); }
b()    { a();a();a();a();a(); }
c()    { b();b();b();b();b(); }
main() { c();c();c();c();c();c();c();c(); return 0; }

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Johhny Quest, Hunter S Thompson, GI Joe, James Bond, amd now Scooby Doo.
I fear had my mom had me any later I wouldn't be able to greatly appreciate and enjoy Venture Brothers.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
fun question: using c language print the numbers from 1 to 1000 without using recursion, conditionals or any loops.
Code:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4568645/printing-1-to-1000-without-loop-or-conditionals/4583502#4583502

#include <stdio.h>
int i = 0;
p()    { printf("%d\n", ++i); }
a()    { p();p();p();p();p(); }
b()    { a();a();a();a();a(); }
c()    { b();b();b();b();b(); }
main() { c();c();c();c();c();c();c();c(); return 0; }
Cool. I used to be a C programmer back in the day. It's a fun language that encourages creativity by not putting arbitrary barriers against buffer overflows and the like. Think of driving a car with no crash-avoiding technology, seat belts and more like in the good old days.

We also agreed with the dictum that the best form of an error message was a question mark. That separated the geeky men (we were sexist back then) from the geeky wannabe boys.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Cool. I used to be a C programmer back in the day. It's a fun language that encourages creativity by not putting arbitrary barriers against buffer overflows and the like. Think of driving a car with no crash-avoiding technology, seat belts and more like in the good old days.

We also agreed with the dictum that the best form of an error message was a question mark. That separated the geeky men (we were sexist back then) from the geeky wannabe boys.

I like a small OS written in c by our techie before he came to us, the error message was "What?"

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Now the truth has been revealed. COVID-19 is a plot by Communist Russia and Communist China. The fact that communism fell and the USSR dissolved decades ago is clearly part of the plot.

Wyoming health official says 'so-called pandemic' a communist plot

Efforts to develop a vaccine is a plot by Russia and China to spread communism worldwide, said department readiness and countermeasures manager Igor Shepherd.

The “so-called pandemic” and efforts to develop a vaccine are plots by Russia and China to spread communism worldwide, department readiness and countermeasures manager Igor Shepherd said at the Nov. 10 event held by the group Keep Colorado Free and Open.

Shepherd was introduced as and talked about being a Wyoming Department of Health employee in the hour-plus presentation in Loveland, Colorado.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
75765435.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Now the truth has been revealed. COVID-19 is a plot by Communist Russia and Communist China. The fact that communism fell and the USSR dissolved decades ago is clearly part of the plot.

Wyoming health official says 'so-called pandemic' a communist plot

Efforts to develop a vaccine is a plot by Russia and China to spread communism worldwide, said department readiness and countermeasures manager Igor Shepherd.

The “so-called pandemic” and efforts to develop a vaccine are plots by Russia and China to spread communism worldwide, department readiness and countermeasures manager Igor Shepherd said at the Nov. 10 event held by the group Keep Colorado Free and Open.

Shepherd was introduced as and talked about being a Wyoming Department of Health employee in the hour-plus presentation in Loveland, Colorado.
I'm still surprised by this "ghost of the Cold War" still echoing today. Like the incident a couple years ago that almost basically kind of read like Cuban Missle Crisis remix.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm still surprised by this "ghost of the Cold War" still echoing today. Like the incident a couple years ago that almost basically kind of read like Cuban Missle Crisis remix.
Some people have never gotten over the good old days when white men ruled the world, women knew their place and everyone else, brown, black, LGBTQ knew their place including staying in the closet.

To me it's part of the reality that we're living in a Toffler-style "Future Shock"ed society and that change is if anything accelerating.

Shadow Wolf

Some people have never gotten over the good old days when white men ruled the world, women knew their place and everyone else, brown, black, LGBTQ knew their place including staying in the closet.

To me it's part of the reality that we're living in a Toffler-style "Future Shock"ed society and that change is if anything accelerating.
It definitely has changed a lot. Even when I was a kid being gay was an accusation and bad thing. Jerry Springer was basically it when it came to transgender stuff. We had a Satanic Panic, and Judas Priest was making us kill ourselves.
And now only ******** care if someone is gay and makes a fuss over it, real trangender people are here and there onthe media and defended, the church is losing influence and people are leaving, and the devils and demonically possessed and morally deprived musicians when I was a kid are now played on the classic rock station.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It definitely has changed a lot. Even when I was a kid being gay was an accusation and bad thing. Jerry Springer was basically it when it came to transgender stuff. We had a Satanic Panic, and Judas Priest was making us kill ourselves.
And now only ******** care if someone is gay and makes a fuss over it, real trangender people are here and there onthe media and defended, the church is losing influence and people are leaving, and the devils and demonically possessed and morally deprived musicians when I was a kid are now played on the classic rock station.

Just think how fossils like me feel about the difference between our youth and now. I think only those who were born after 1980 can avoid a lot of the shock of change.

Shadow Wolf

Just think how fossils like me feel about the difference between our youth and now. I think only those who were born after 1980 can avoid a lot of the shock of change.
Even I have a shock at some of the change. Like 3D printers. Hand held computers that double as phones. Language changes. Basically the way society as a whole functions.
(Thise born early to mid 80s do remember a world before the internet and the proliferation of computers amd cell phones). TV and movie "decency standards." Even a shift in attitudes towards drugs.

Shadow Wolf

Race Bannon lived all those years amd survived all kinds of crazy adventures just to die in a freak accident on Venture Brothers. Interesting end for him.