• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Well...... I'm logging off again........later Y'all

TameTiredDiamondbackrattlesnake-max-1mb.gif

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I never said that everyone called riots "uprisings'.
Stop trying to win some silly imagined victory, Fido.
I object to the Stonewall Riots being reclassified as an uprising. One, because it's silly semantics and bizarre language changes, but also and especially they were riots. Personally, I think it's more hopeful thinking that people just entirely forget such repressed minorities don't get the **** to stop unless they get violent. Instead we'll keep pretending Dr. King was a paragon of peaceful protests and India gained independence 100% through Gandhi's non-violence, so we can now downplay the facts the queers rioted and did physically fight against the police. It was a riot.

Shadow Wolf

From Merriam Webster...
The adjective "omnibus" may not have much to do with public transportation, but the noun "omnibus" certainly does - it not only means "bus,"but it's also the word English speakers shortened to form "bus." The noun "omnibus" originated in the 1820s as a French word for long, horse-drawn vehicles that transported people along the main thoroughfares of Paris. Shortly thereafter, omnibuses - and the noun "omnibus" - arrived in New York. But in Latin, "omnibus" simply means "for all." Our adjective "omnibus," which arrived in the mid-1800s, seems to hark back to that Latin omnibus, though it may also have been at least partially influenced by the English noun. An "omnibus bill" containing numerous provisions, for example, could be likened to a bus loaded with people.
A real grammar pedant would use the OED.:p

Shadow Wolf

How Ned Flanders became who he is...
I used to think Ned was an right guy, but getting away from people like him has made realize he's a religious ******* bearing tons of religious judgement that's covered up with a facade of being a good Christian.

Shadow Wolf

Oily Erectophile Dysfunctioner?
Oxford English Dictionary.
It's harder to point to the shortcomings of using a dictionary for certain things when using that because it provides so much more than the other, and vastly inferior, dictionaries (though I still wouldn't use it for philosophy, economics, or anything else when a word is more a larger concept than mere word).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oxford English Dictionary.
It's harder to point to the shortcomings of using a dictionary for certain things when using that because it provides so much more than the other, and vastly inferior, dictionaries (though I still wouldn't use it for philosophy, economics, or anything else when a word is more a larger concept than mere word).
I know....so many people want to use different definitions
from those found in dictionaries. Scurrying to impenetrable
tomes allows any word to mean anything. Even "is" has
been challenged.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yup. That was my old norm. Except the yay part because what I had would have been a lecture about us going to Hell for witchcraft, and your gonna burn, because god is mad, and your filth in his eyes and deserving eternal damnation.

Such a caring and understanding god you had

Shadow Wolf

Such a caring and understanding god you had
Yup. And I am glad that apparently my renouncing him publicly was doing my part as to help set up.a trend that would cause a rift that led many millenials and apparently also many Zs away from that god.
And I have to say, the article I read pointing that out, that teens and young adults leaving evangelism about 20 years ago beginning a trend of millennials leaving it as well, it's the best article I've ever read, because I can say when I began to claim my life I kicked god in the shin while wearing an ice skate and he's never quite been the same since.:smilingimp: