• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I know....so many people want to use different definitions
from those found in dictionaries. Scurrying to impenetrable
tomes allows any word to mean anything. Even "is" has
been challenged.
I see it more of a matter of precision. And logical fallacies, because dictionaries are often littered with them (it would be better of they had "see word x" than defining a word by that word, and I see that happen a lot in a lot of dictionaries). Bit especially when it comes to precision, sometimes we need at least a paragraph. Sometimes we need entire books. And when it's good it needs lectures and debates.
Or, I see it like you can use a butter knife in lieu of a screwdriver, but it's definitely not the best tool for the job.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
200.gif

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I had a chat with Comcast today about my bill. By getting rid of 80 channels we could care less about our bill went down from 173 to 148 surprising me greatly. That put off when we 'cut the cord'.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
got the new repeater working today.... and it didn't try and hijack my network

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yup. That was my old norm. Except the yay part because what I had would have been a lecture about us going to Hell for witchcraft, and your gonna burn, because god is mad, and your filth in his eyes and deserving eternal damnation.
Are you more of a Rod or a Todd?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I see it more of a matter of precision. And logical fallacies, because dictionaries are often littered with them (it would be better of they had "see word x" than defining a word by that word, and I see that happen a lot in a lot of dictionaries). Bit especially when it comes to precision, sometimes we need at least a paragraph. Sometimes we need entire books. And when it's good it needs lectures and debates.
Or, I see it like you can use a butter knife in lieu of a screwdriver, but it's definitely not the best tool for the job.
When people use special definitions
that greatly conflict with the dictionary...
thats-a-paddlin.jpg