• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Annoy @Wu Wei for fun and profit.

41zZM9glT1L.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
That's one of the eternal questions about that show. But it was rather funny. Do you remember that episode where they were almost going to get off the island, but Gilligan screwed it up at the end?
I remember that being a plot of an episods, but it has been so long since I've seen the show I don't remember much about it.

Shadow Wolf

I've only been to one Renaissance fair, but I always imagined the reality being closer to this:

bring-out-your-dead-gif.gif
I read an article not too long ago claiming that movie is one of the best portrayals of Medieval England on screen. That scene, particularly with how filthy and dirty it is and the line "he must be a king because he isn't covered with ****" was one of the supporting points.

Shadow Wolf

I am sad. The lead singer and lead guitarist of the Finnish metal band Children of Bodom, Alexi Laiho, died suddenly and unexpectedly, and he was only 41. The Wildchild was an amazing musician, lead shredding and singing like few others ever have. They've also been one of my favorites since high school, an earlier band of real music that I got into after ditching the gospel and Christian "music."
The Grim Reaper is featured on the cover art of every Children of Bodom album, and the Reaper paid an early visit.
RIP.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Very few people joined my cult, which is why there is so much trouble in the world. I tried to make the world a better place, but I was resisted.

Shadow Wolf

Amd now I wait a few days to know if I have covid or not.
But the at-best low grade fever, excess earwax, stuffy head, nasal drainage, and more of productive hacking and throat clearing than a dry cough has me leaning not towards covid.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Was listening to an alleged recording, mde by a pastor, of the voice of Satan....it was most likely a man speaking through a voice changer...but as I was listening to it repeat, for the third time, a bunch of stuff fell off a shelf in my basement, where I was sitting......

giphy.gif

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The discussion of atheism as a religion reminded me of this superb example of philosophers at work

Who are you?" said Lunkwill, rising angrily from his seat. "What do you want?"

"I am Majikthise!" announced the older one.

"And I demand that I am Vroomfondel!" shouted the younger one.

Majikthise turned on Vroomfondel. "It's alright," he explained angrily, "you don't need to demand that."

"Alright!" bawled Vroomfondel banging on an nearby desk. "I am Vroomfondel, and that is not a demand, that is a solid fact! What we demand is solid facts!"

"No we don't!" exclaimed Majikthise in irritation. "That is precisely what we don't demand!"

Scarcely pausing for breath, Vroomfondel shouted, "We don't demand solid facts! What we demand is a total absence of solid facts. I demand that I may or may not be Vroomfondel!"

"But who the devil are you?" exclaimed an outraged Fook.

"We," said Majikthise, "are Philosophers."

"Though we may not be," said Vroomfondel waving a warning finger at the programmers.

"Yes we are," insisted Majikthise. "We are quite definitely here as representatives of the Amalgamated Union of Philosophers, Sages, Luminaries and Other Thinking Persons, and we want this machine off, and we want it off now!"

"What's the problem?" said Lunkwill.

"I'll tell you what the problem is mate," said Majikthise, "demarcation, that's the problem!"

"We demand," yelled Vroomfondel, "that demarcation may or may not be the problem!"

"You just let the machines get on with the adding up," warned Majikthise, "and we'll take care of the eternal verities thank you very much. You want to check your legal position you do mate. Under law the Quest for Ultimate Truth is quite clearly the inalienable prerogative of your working thinkers. Any bloody machine goes and actually finds it and we're straight out of a job aren't we? I mean what's the use of our sitting up half the night arguing that there may or may not be a God if this machine only goes and gives us his bleeding phone number the next morning?"

"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"