• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Holy cow, not again! More bovines get loose in a US town (apnews.com)

This is the third time this week with a story about cattle running loose.

This could be the early stages of a national uprising.

c22cd9ca42a5941586b8f5f56e4c335af6bd6cf1_1.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Not happy with nature. A buzzard took down a pidgin and decided our balcony was a great place for a meal.

I'll clean up the mess tomorrow when the kids have gone to school.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
French police launch investigation into Tour de France crash (france24.com)

The woman, who was wearing a yellow raincoat, reeled away in horror when she realised the extent of her folly, but she then disappeared into the deep roadside crowds, her sign folded away beneath her arm.

DSM's German rider Jasha Sutterlin was the only cyclist who had to pull out at once, his Tour de France dream ruined on day one.

'Bad behaviour'

Eight other riders needed treatment from the official doctor and a host of others were treated for grazes, bruises and cuts caused by the pile-up.

Italian champion Sonny Colbrelli and Dutch rider Wout van Aert, who ran over Martin before falling head over heels, had both been among the favourites to win the first stage.

"We are suing this woman who behaved so badly," Tour deputy director Pierre-Yves Thouault told AFP.

"We are doing this so that the tiny minority of people who do this do not spoil the show for everyone," he said.

The police said that when they catch the culprit they intend to charge her with "unintentional short-term injury through a manifestly deliberate breach of a duty of safety or care", lieutenant-colonel Scherer said.

"We can confirm that no member of the public was injured and we have liaised with the race organisers on this."

The Tour started on Saturday from the Atlantic port of Brest.

Following the relaxation of French coronavirus restrictions, the public turned out in massive numbers along the narrow Brittany roads for a stage eventually won by Frenchman Julian Alaphilippe.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

It was horrendous, I'm always shocked at the stupidity of the odd spectator. I've seen stages of the TDF several times and you can pretty much guarantee that some idiot will run into the road to distract riders or get close to their hero. I have expected the results of what this idiotic woman has done for several years.

In interesting point on bravery of the riders. After the crash one guy got on his bike and finished the stage with 2 broken arm's.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
sorry i logged in at all
Some threads should be avoided as I'm now avoiding the Nextdoor one on Critical Race Theory which has the kind of postings that anyone would expect to see and which only serve to up my BP.