• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I used to, too. Though I never got special food myself.

My symptoms have changed, though. Now I have no urinary symptoms, I get heart palpitations. I went into a doctor once with a heart rate of 213 complaining of a UTI. He thought I was crazy... I'll never forget his face when the lab results came back to show a UTI...

When our GP doc retired my wife wanted a woman to replace him which we found. Women doctors are less dismissive of women's symptoms.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
When our GP doc retired my wife wanted a woman to replace him which we found. Women doctors are less dismissive of women's symptoms.

I figure they probably are too. One thing I don't know yet is in the past, when it comes to very private issues, I've preferred a male doctor. However with me transitioning, who knows, that could change.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member

My GP is a woman, and I prefer that, typically. This guy was an urgent care doctor, but I had a deep appreciation for him in particular. Years previous, my son had a staph infection. I could tell it was, but no doctor would test the site of the wound because I, a mere client, dared tell them what I thought it was. They would tell me just to watch it. 6 months later, and 5 doctors in(non of which would test), I walked into an urgent care crying. The stupid site kept swelling. No one would take it seriously. The good doctor took a peek, said "I think you might be right. That could very well be staph. Let me test it for you". It was. We got an antibiotic. That was that. (And the nurse aided me in finding a decent GP for the kids.)

I think in the case with this UTI, my heart was beating so hard you could see my chest vibrating. Even when the test results came back he said "I'm still worried for your heart." He insisted I take my heart med and check in with my cardiologist(which I did). I think he just cared.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
A discussion I had with someone awhile back was what crowds they fit into on RF. I'm still finding myself, but one crowd that was kind of mentioned was the Games forum crowd - @Revoltingest , @sun rise , and several others. Maybe that's where I kind of fit in as I was pretty excited to see some of you when I got back, to the point of being a bit "playful". Although I'm trying to focus a bit more on "funny stories" these days than jokes.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
A discussion I had with someone awhile back was what crowds they fit into on RF. I'm still finding myself, but one crowd that was kind of mentioned was the Games forum crowd - @Revoltingest , @sun rise , and several others. Maybe that's where I kind of fit in as I was pretty excited to see some of you when I got back, to the point of being a bit "playful". Although I'm trying to focus a bit more on "funny stories" these days than jokes.

Well...you're more than welcome to join in the group.....you might fit in.....

0irj5pxc6pf61.jpg

But a bit of advice...never turn your back on Sid

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Well, he likes to make faces behind your back......and.....well.....he may use you as a scratching post

Can I borrow him?

Old drunken diabetic fingerless neighbor has had one beer too many and is mad because we won't park our van on another block. He is, after all, supposed to have groceries delivered. (Not sure I see the connection between a vehicle parked in the street and him opening a door to receive some bags, but I'm certain he's too drunk to make sense at this point.)

Wondering what authorities he'll call in on us this time. My husband's guess is code enforcement. He's out front making sure everything is in good order.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I like the candy covered ones from Kwik Star. I don't eat them often, though. They give me a belly ache(understandably so).