• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I finally taught my 7 year old to read three digit numbers.

He was reading 221 as "two one hundred one". We went around the block and read addresses off of houses, and it finally clicked. The neighboring house is now "two hundred twenty one".

(He is autistic and has apraxia of speech, so this is more significant than it sounds.)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Motel Deemed 'Very Nasty' by Travelers Also Took Bribes for Allowing Drugs, Prostitution: Police (msn.com)

A motel in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, known to travelers for being "disgusting" and "very nasty" allegedly allowed customers and employees to sell drugs and engage in prostitution for several years, according to court documents filed earlier this week.

The Coral Sands motel in Horry County is being sued by law enforcement after an investigation, The Myrtle Beach Sun News reported Saturday.

The probe, which first began in 2018 by Myrtle Beach police, found that management and security workers at the motel frequently purchased drugs from customers and provided cheaper rooms for individuals selling illegal substances or providing sex services. The lawsuit also alleged that management accepted bribes in exchange for allowing people to sell drugs, and even had a room set aside for both drug use and prostitution.

Furthermore, customer reviews on several travel websites showed that the motel has been known to be riddled with cockroaches and filthy rooms. The Coral Sands motel frequently received just one-star ratings, with many noting that the motel felt unsafe, dirty, and full of pests.

Others stated that the motel had bedbugs and did not appear to be up to code.

"This is the most disgusting place I have ever been. The hotel was unclean, bugs everywhere & not up to code. The room was unclean. Cig butt left on the widow seal, bathroom was disgusting, bugs EVERYWHERE - when you turned the lights off at night roaches would start running around all over everything. The roof was caving in in several places in the bathroom, the trash can smelled like it had never been cleaned & after sleeping in the bed I woke up itchy & covered in small bites," one customer wrote last year, according to a review on the Better Business Bureau website.

Newsweek attempted to contact the Coral Sands motel for comment.

I remember a cheesy horror flick called Motel Hell. I guess this is another kind of "Motel Hell."

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Went outside today and did a little weeding.....then came back in to ice the knee

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Florida Woman Arrested After Hitting Boyfriend With A Paper Plate Full Of Chicken

A 43-year-old Florida woman is facing domestic battery charges after hitting her boyfriend with a plate of chicken.

According to the Sheriff’s affidavit, on June 9th, Jennifer Booth and her boyfriend William Booth, 56, had an argument over an LA Fitness gym membership.

“After working on the property all day, I took a break to cook dinner and have a meal after a long day in the sun,” said William Booth. “I confronted Jen about getting a membership at membership at LA Fitness and she became violent,” said William Booth in an affidavit.

“Words were exchanged about her being jealous of girls at Lowes and it’s ok to go meet with a personal trainer at the gym,” said William.

According to the Sheriff’s report, while the pair was sitting down to have dinner, Jennifer picked up a paper plate full of chicken and threw it at Williams’s face, hitting him in the chest and face.

“I told her that was it, I can’t take it anymore, I called her daughter in Arizona and she became violent and that’s when I called the Sherif’s Office,” William added in the report.

Well, it's a good thing she didn't throw a plate of haggis at him. If she did that, they would have thrown the book at her.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I worry the cat may be getting yet another UTI. Seems to be the most consistent thing he does... Every few months, without fail. He's got special food(though he sneaks other stuff) but we can't seem to get away from them long term.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I worry the cat may be getting yet another UTI. Seems to be the most consistent thing he does... Every few months, without fail. He's got special food(though he sneaks other stuff) but we can't seem to get away from them long term.

Might not be the right thing to say... but I relate to your cat (although no one ever gives me special food).

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Might not be the right thing to say... but I relate to your cat (although no one ever gives me special food).

I used to, too. Though I never got special food myself.

My symptoms have changed, though. Now I have no urinary symptoms, I get heart palpitations. I went into a doctor once with a heart rate of 213 complaining of a UTI. He thought I was crazy... I'll never forget his face when the lab results came back to show a UTI...