• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
And I just informed/pissed off my mom by informing it's very rude to go into an ethnic grocery store and point out their food to someone and go "look at that! that's gross," and embarrassing for those she's dragging around.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
And I just informed/pissed off my mom by informing it's very rude to go into an ethnic grocery store and point out their food to someone and go "look at that! that's gross," and embarrassing for those she's dragging around.

Its also rude for someone to go into an ethnic grocery store and act as if shopping there is a form of charity they're giving... (I had a friend do that one, when I took her to one of the Burmese grocers we frequent.)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
a947010ff69399a94931419ab143e1ba.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Its also rude for someone to go into an ethnic grocery store and act as if shopping there is a form of charity they're giving... (I had a friend do that one, when I took her to one of the Burmese grocers we frequent.)
I just don't get people like that. And I grew up surrounded by them.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Man almost dies after inserting an eight inch long eel into his anus

The man resorted to this ‘folk remedy’ to help with a prolonged case of constipation, but doctors said he would have died if the worm had stayed in his body longer.

The man, from Xinghua in the Eastern province of Jiangsu introduced the 20cm long ray-finned fish into rectum through his anus on July 20 after suffering from a painfully prolonged case of constipation.

The unnamed man claimed to have gotten the idea from ‘folk remedy’ which suggests that eels can help with bowel movement.

However, the live fish bit through his colon before getting stuck in his abdomen, causing him severe pain.

Feeling shy
After enduring exacerbated pain in his abdomen 24 hours after depositing the fish in his butthole, the man decided to seek medical attention. He said he could have gone earlier but ‘was too shy’.

The eel was still alive when doctors performed an operation to have it removed.

They however warned that he could have died from hemolysis—the destruction of red blood cells caused when bacteria from the large intestine reaches the abdomen.

Before this incident, other people have fallen victim to this constipation remedy with varying degrees of damage caused. In June last year, a 50-year-old man in South China's Guangdong Province did the same thing with a 16 inch eel.

The fish tore through his intestines for a week before getting stuck and dying in his abdomen.

He spent three days in intensive care after an emergency surgery. Doctors said the eel had left his organ severely infected with waste matter.

In another instance, an African carp was found in the stomach of a young man in Guangdong, who claimed that the fish ‘slid into’ his rectum when he accidentally sat on it.

Dr. Phlox used to go for these kind of remedies, using tapeworms or eels or some other exotic animal. I think he was a quack.

There are medical solutions to constipation. Some may not be pleasant, but I can't imagine sticking an eel up there. Why would someone think that's a good idea?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member

Dr. Phlox used to go for these kind of remedies, using tapeworms or eels or some other exotic animal. I think he was a quack.

There are medical solutions to constipation. Some may not be pleasant, but I can't imagine sticking an eel up there. Why would someone think that's a good idea?

Seriously...

Laxatives aren't fun, but the goal is to get something to come out, not further plug it up....

Probably a whole lot cheaper, cleaner, and easier than an eel, too...

Shadow Wolf

Meh. I've read Haunted. Thats just not shocking or disturbing enough to get more than a "meh."
It did remind me of Haunted though, and the short story in it Guts.:fearful::fearful::fearful::coldsweat::coldsweat::fearscream: