• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Yeah. Just jumping into the conversation and didn't read the last page. But sugar ice cream is pretty good. Sometimes getting all-natural versions of products or brands, doesn't have corn syrup, as well.
HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) takes a different metabolic pathway than regular sugar and can cause problems. High fructose corn syrup induces metabolic dysregulation and altered dopamine signaling in the absence of obesity is one paper.

Eating fruit is not a problem as far as I know. Corn syrup is put in too many foods and overall can cause issues.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I did nothing:

Screenshot_20210812-055736~2.png

But if I were doing something, I'd probably be up to this:

Screenshot_20210803-025456~3.png

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Apparently there's been a rash of catalytic converter thefts in recent months. Thieves are stealing them for the metal, apparently.

They contain platinum.

Not sure how the trial went but one company had a couple of vehicles sucking up gunge off the road to separate out the platinum blown out of car exhausts. They apparently thought it would be profitable.

I think the trail must have failed, I don't see fleets of mobile vacuum cleaners on the road

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Man admits 'foot fetish' nuisance calls costing the NHS £21,000

A man has admitted making hundreds of nuisance calls to the NHS 111 line in order to indulge a "sexual foot fetish", police said.

Richard William Cove, 45, from Worthing, West Sussex, made more than 1,200 calls, costing the NHS £21,000.

Pretending to be an elderly woman, he would ask call handlers about their feet, Sussex Police said.

PC David Quayle said Cove had admitted making the calls "for his own enjoyment and personal benefit".

"He said he had a sexual foot fetish which he indulged during most of the calls," PC Quayle said.

An investigation began in 2019 after members of the public said they had been contacted by clinicians about NHS 111 calls they had not made.

Between April 2019 and April 2021 the NHS 111 service identified 1,263 nuisance calls linked to an individual using "false personal details, false telephone numbers and false ailments," police said.

Many of calls led to clinicians responding and in some cases ambulances were dispatched.

David Davis of South East Coast Ambulance Service, which runs the telephone service in the region, said the impact of the calls "should not be underestimated".

"Just one malicious and false call puts lives at risk by diverting our attention and resources away from people in genuine need of our help," he said.

"The nature of the calls have also caused unnecessary distress to our staff who are working tirelessly get people the help they require," he added.

Cove, of Boundary Road, Worthing, admitted one count of making malicious communications.

He will be sentenced at Worthing Magistrates Court on 13 September.

So, basically, this guy was calling 911 for phone sex, but he made more than 1200 calls. And it went on for 2 years, costing the NHS £21,000 ($29081.53).

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Precisely, and you are even proud of your fault... I find that really sad.

How is the knee? Say hello from me

Proud of my stance on evil, vile, oppressive, mind controlling bacon.

The knee, I don't really know, I will let the doc decide next week.