• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Yep I'm going to end up getting off work here in 15 minutes with literally nothing accomplished poetry-wise. That makes me sad.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I've really wanted to write a new poem for a week now and I just can't get started. It's driving me nuts because poetry has become an outlet so it feels like being pent up.
I suggest just jotting down whatever you've got floating around in your brain...don't worry about meter or rhyme or scan or anything else, just the bits that you have...give it time, it will come out...

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Bull halts traffic on California freeway - UPI.com

Aug. 12 (UPI) -- A loose bull temporarily shut down the 15 Freeway near Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., causing delays.

The bull was reported to officials around 7:35 p.m. PDT on Wednesday as it started grazing on the side of the road, local station ABC7 reported. The bull later wandered onto the freeway.

10946450_081121-kabc-11pm-bull-on-freeway-vid-CC-vid.jpg

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I had a friend who I speak to once a week or so online contact me today, asking if I was alright. He had a dream my kids got on the computer and told him I was ill and exhausted from overwork.

This UTI has really drained me. Yesterday it took hours to clean the living room because I couldn't stop sitting down(was too bushed). I hadn't mentioned to him that I was feeling poorly at all!

Weird. I think I may need to take it easy for a day or two, if someone in Pakistan is dreaming about my lack of energy...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
you don't fry haggis....... you boil it...i bet you never had haggis at all

full-scottish-breakfast.jpg

Note the fried haggis in a full Scottish breakfast

415653827_a5d4da65df_b.jpg

Also note the battered and deep fried haggis with the haggis and chips

Until you've eaten fried haggis you've never lived.

And of course, if you ate it boiled then i do hope you chased it with a wee dram of single malt

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
When I was a kid, my dad was going to put tile in the bathroom. He never did, and the box of tile sat on a shelf under the basement stairs.

One night, I was sitting on the stairs, talking on the phone(back when they had cords), and I saw the box sitting there. An address for the tile company listed the business being in "Fart Worth, Texas".

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Watch: Man finds $130,000 taped to bottom of used fridge - UPI.com

Aug. 13 (UPI) -- Police in South Korea said they are investigating after a man bought a used kimchi fridge online and found $130,000 cash taped to the bottom.

Police on Jeju Island said the man filed a police report Aug. 6 saying he was cleaning the recently-delivered fridge when he found the cash stash taped to the bottom of the appliance.

Investigators said they are working to identify the online seller of the refrigerator and are talking to the people involved in its transportation and delivery.

South Korea's Lost and Found Act states the cash will become the property of the man who bought the fridge if the rightful owner can't be tracked down. The money will become the property of the state if it is found to have been involved in a crime.

A 2016 report in The Korea Times documented the trend of people keeping their money stored in kimchi fridges amid record low bank interest rates in South Korea. The report said an average kimchi fridge can hold up to $895,200 cash.

Apparently that's been a trend in South Korea, to keep cash stored in kimchi fridges. The average kimchi fridge can hold up to $895,200 cash.