• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
And another day in America...

Woman using gun's laser sight to play with cat shoots friend (apnews.com)

KENOSHA, Wis. (AP) — A Wisconsin woman accidentally shot a friend while using the laser sight on a handgun to play with a cat, authorities said.

A criminal complaint charging the 19-year-old woman with negligent use of a weapon said she was visiting a Kenosha apartment on Tuesday afternoon where a 21-year-old man had brought a handgun.

The woman, who a witness said had been drinking, picked up the handgun, “turned on the laser sight and was pointing it at the floor to get the cat to chase it,” when the gun went off, the complaint filed Thursday said.

The man, who was standing in a doorway, was shot in the thigh, authorities said. He left and went into another apartment, where police found him after responding to a 911 call, the Kenosha News reported.

A tourniquet was applied to his leg to stop the bleeding before he was taken to a hospital. There’s no word on his condition, but authorities said he was facing charges for violating bond conditions that prevented him from having a weapon.

The woman told police she thought the magazine had been taken out of the gun and said it “accidentally went off,” according to the complaint.

I know @Shadow Wolf talks about how backward Indiana is, but I've seen a steady stream of stories coming out of Wisconsin which often makes me wonder about that state.

And in this story, the one I feel sorry for the most is the cat. They should charge this woman with animal cruelty, in addition to the other charges.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner

Viker

In my current avatar you can see that I have captured @ChristineM and I am holding her hostage. My demands, for her safe release (of course) is that I receive all the frubes....or else....evillll.

I would keep this avatar until my demands have been sufficiently met...or she demands otherwise. She's a combative hostage.

Viker

Witchcraft. **** Yeah!

kMhAHi.gif

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Where did we find these people?

This time, it was Wisconsin. The home state of Joe McCarthy, one of the more infamous figures in our history.

But they're really all over the country. My own state has had its share of prized specimens.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
This time, it was Wisconsin. The home state of Joe McCarthy, one of the more infamous figures in our history.

But they're really all over the country. My own state has had its share of prized specimens.
Where did we find them though? Is it possible to send them back?

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I finally wrote one of the 2 poems I've been champing at the bit to write, and it really, really does feel like getting something off my chest. I never wrote poetry before returning to RF so it's weird that it has become this outlet of expression. (It's here, and a work in progress, for anyone interested: Holding Hands (wip))

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
In my current avatar you can see that I have captured @ChristineM and I am holding her hostage. My demands, for her safe release (of course) is that I receive all the frubes....or else....evillll.

I would keep this avatar until my demands have been sufficiently met...or she demands otherwise. She's a combative hostage.

I cannot think of a better person to be kidnapped by.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Its hot, 36c (97f) with 55% humidity and likely to be even hotter by 18:00. Will we see 38c (100f). Watch this space for news.

This may turn out to be the first 3 cool shower day of the year