• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I was thinking Vaal, but Landru would work

These are the guys who programmed Landru to begin with:

dea6b501-bbf6-43ac-9bc5-4118d0a9f2fb.__CR737,0,970,600_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
We call it "soda" in our neck of the woods.

My husband was completely flabbergasted by the switch from 'pop' to 'soda'. He would go to grocery stores and find the drink isle, so he could see 'pop' written on a sign.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
My husband was completely flabbergasted by the switch from 'pop' to 'soda'. He would go to grocery stores and find the drink isle, so he could see 'pop' written on a sign.

I know some people who refer to any carbonated beverage as "Coke." I was at work and there was an extra can of Diet 7-Up someone offered me and said "Here's a Coke if you want one."

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
If you just call it "pop", some my think you are referring to your father.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to their dad as 'Pop', other than in children's books.

I've heard 'Pops' used, but it was meant to be offensive, and wasn't directed at their father but rather a man they wanted to feel was old and in the way.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I know some people who refer to any carbonated beverage as "Coke." I was at work and there was an extra can of Diet 7-Up someone offered me and said "Here's a Coke if you want one."

A relative of my husband thought that when they were asked "You guys want pops?" that they were being offered cereal. He rejected it, thinking it was a very random request.

814Ngs0qfnL._SL1500_.jpg

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
A relative of my husband thought that when they were asked "You guys want pops?" that they were being offered cereal. He rejected it, thinking it was a very random request.

View attachment 54097

I remember when they used to call them Sugar Corn Pops.

I've spent enough time in the Midwest to become acquainted with the usage of "pop," although they still refer to coffee as "coffee," and that's the main thing.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to their dad as 'Pop', other than in children's books.

I've heard 'Pops' used, but it was meant to be offensive, and wasn't directed at their father but rather a man they wanted to feel was old and in the way.

2879610.jpg