• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
complexpaltryalbino-small-gif.42732
They are all misguided. If Ms. Oyle only knew of the concentrated manly manliness that is Brock Samson she would have dumped the spinach and bully chumps.

Shadow Wolf

Eeeeeeehhhhhhh. This is a situation where I “get it,” but it’s also like “come on.” Which they eventually understood and reversed it. It’s technically unprofessional. It would be like me joking with another gay woman by using a slur on the job. Except we don’t have a culture inundated with taking these slurs back.

Really, pretty sure it’d be best to have Black folks give their opinions on this one.
No one can use *****, ****, ****er, ****** or many other derogatory terms in such a setting.
What people say on their own time among private company is their doing. But when it's not your own time and language is used abusively in such settings where professionalism is expected, the specifics shouldn't be the main concern.
And, it goes without saying black people aren't homogeneous on the subject. Some use the word loosely, some use it but only in certain company (a black lady once apologized for using the word in front of me), and then some they don't want to hear it, especially amd particularly from black people.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Really, pretty sure it’d be best to have Black folks give their opinions on this one.
I greatly oppose limiting topics to certain groups.
It's never reciprocal in my observation. Does anyone
ever tell blacks what they shouldn't speak of? Nah.
Women? Nah.
White males....we're told "be quiet" about some things.
I prefer to be noisy with unwanted unsolicited opinions.
But I'm fair. You may address anything...blacks, the draft,
men's rights, heterosexuality, masculinity, etc.
I might even agree on some things.

All the above is just my opinion.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Women? Nah.
But white males....we're told "be quiet" about some things.
I prefer to be noisy with unwanted unsolicited opinions
One of the most stressful nights of my life involved a few friends, several street hoodlum wanna be gangsters, amd them throwing out accusations of what we're saying. We weren't, and it's outrageous to have that leveled at you by people who's every other word was that.
Amd then of course there are double standards, and those are just nasty. And, of course, police should be held to high standards and accountability. There are many words the police shouldn't be using while on duty regardless of who, what, sex, color, and anything and everything else.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I used to fantasize about riding Rosinante down the rooms full of cubicles slaying bureaucratic windmills in days of yore.
What's really sad is that was part of the plan -- making you feel that way. It was a step up from employment of 80 years ago though. Back then your boss would loathe you openly and constantly look for faults if not artificially imagining ones you didn't have. The cubicles though were scientifically designed, your anguish carefully planned and then exquisitely implemented. Your fool's cap was of graven gold. Sorry.

Beats an open floor plan.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Women? Nah.
White males....we're told "be quiet" about some things.
I prefer to be noisy with unwanted unsolicited opinions.
But I'm fair. You may address anything...blacks, the draft,
men's rights, heterosexuality, masculinity, etc.
I might even agree on some things.

All the above is just my opinion.

Oh I wasn’t saying we couldn’t talk about it, I was saying it’d be very useful to get a Black opinion

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Fortunately I do not live in South Park so no.
Automated Positive Air Phorce. One of those words I am very certain I got wrong due to that pesky human memory recall error problem.
Are you still using one of those old fashioned organic brains?
Those things are so unreliable.
Mine needs regular re-booting.
But I'm old...not just old school.
What's your excuse for not upgrading to positronix?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh I wasn’t saying we couldn’t talk about it, I was saying it’d be very useful to get a Black opinion
I know.
But sometimes such a mild suggestion is a springboard for a rant.
So it's not my fault. I was triggered !!!!
(It's not your fault either. In fact, I credit
you with providing the opportunity.)