• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I though that would turn your key
That link didn't work so well.
The post....
"I spoke in the context of immediate parties to the
conversation...we progressives should dispense
with such taboos of discussion participation."

Too many woke & progressive friends on RF have
advised me to not speak on abortion, black folk,
police misbehavior, etc, etc. because I don't belong
to the group, I know not the issues, & I've no dog
in that hunt. No one should take such advice.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The post....

Speak about what you feel you need to speak about. And give the same freedom to everyone else.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Are you still using one of those old fashioned organic brains?
Those things are so unreliable.
Mine needs regular re-booting.
But I'm old...not just old school.
What's your excuse for not upgrading to positronix?
Once I'm able to I would love to have mechanical/computer brain assistance. Not much, I still very much want to be human, but enough I quit forgetting things, misjudging and miscalculating, not seeing things in front of me, better focus when I'm bot hyper focused on something,and not forgetting where I put things. Because pure meat brain is error prone like that.

Shadow Wolf

Bull. Women have been told to shut up and obey their male "owner' since day 1. Only in the last 100 years have women found a voice, and men have not stopped griping since.
Actually, in our earlier days we were matriarchal and far more egalitarian. It wasn't until we settled down and "organized society" that women became repressed.
And even after that, Spartan, Celtic, Germanic, and many others, good luck telling those women to shut up.
Even after Genghis Kahn took over and finished the raping and plundering women had rights a f privileges few women have had before or sense.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I see you are not up on the news. China built artificial islands, put military on them, told the USA to stay out of disputed waters and threatened everyone in sight. Territorial Disputes in the South China Sea | Global Conflict Tracker

I'm very up on the news, and I would be willing to bet I know more about China than you. But what does any of that, or your previous post, have to do with what I posted previously, in the context of the conversation I was in.

And as for the islands, do you know when that started to escalate, and do you know why? I'd be happy to tell you, if you like, but you likely would not like the answer.

Historically China has never taken anything they did not think was historically thiers. This is also part of what is rather concerning about the islands, as wel as thier offering scads of money to other countries to build infrastructure with the agreement that they control it (did you know about that). Do you know anything about President Xi and what his main education is and what the focus was.

Do you know what the Chinese view of intervention was in other governments Pre President Xi.

Do you have any idea why China is truly concerning at the moment, do you know anything about their economic goals do you know how INCREDIBLY bad we currently look, due to the Afghanistan debacle, to China, do you know what all this actually can mean.

And just what the heck are you talking about with this statement

"I might have to start accusing you as you accuse others."

What others are you talking about and what accusations that you seem to think I have made are you talking about.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Actually, in our earlier days we were matriarchal and far more egalitarian. It wasn't until we settled down and "organized society" that women became repressed.
And even after that, Spartan, Celtic, Germanic, and many others, good luck telling those women to shut up.
Even after Genghis Kahn took over and finished the raping and plundering women had rights a f privileges few women have had before or sense.
It is possible, though not final, that if technical innovations continue we will return to that kind of tribal society. For better or for worse. It can happen if the world changes such that a tribe can, again as in ancient times, make everything it needs or gather everything it needs. We be talking about future tech, not yet invented. Its possible though. All it requires are plants that compute and manufacture according to the whims of humans. Easy peasy.

So somebody get starting making computing biological plants that make furniture and stuff. Feminists, I'm talking to you!

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Was just told I have to take 3 more credit hours for thesis research, putting myself at 12 hours, 9 of which are classes (Galaxies, Topics in Quantum Mechanics 1, Statistical Physics) and then 3 for thesis "amounting to a minimum of 10h/week"... all of this with full time night work.

I was so scared when I read this and signed up that I paradoxically laughed. Made me think of this.

e39.jpg

Shadow Wolf

The post....

As you are atypical police misbehavior is something they can't deny you.

Shadow Wolf

It dinna stop'm from try'n.
They shouldn't. You do belong to a group prone to being picked on by the police (moreso in the form of misinterpreting our mannerisms and general demeanor in my personal experience). And the mentally ill are upwards of 20 times more likely to be killed in an encounter with the police.
And I do believe atheists should have one of the special "SJW acknowledgements and categories." Seriously, atheists get crapped on a lot, America is overwhelmed with unconstitutional laws against atheists, medical care outcomes can be lower, and all the crappy ways believers can treat the non-believers.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Reminds me of a few times when someone advised me not to speak on capitalism, big business, property management - because I don't belong to the group, I know not the issues.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They shouldn't. You do belong to a group prone to being picked on by the police (moreso in the form of misinterpreting our mannerisms and general demeanor in my personal experience). And the mentally ill are upwards of 20 times more likely to be killed in an encounter with the police.
And I do believe atheists should have one of the special "SJW acknowledgements and categories." Seriously, atheists get crapped on a lot, America is overwhelmed with unconstitutional laws against atheists, medical care outcomes can be lower, and all the crappy ways believers can treat the non-believers.
I've no worries.
(I don't take direction well at all.)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Reminds me of a few times when someone advised me not to speak on capitalism, big business, property management - because I don't belong to the group, I know not the issues.
You shouldn't....you're the exception.
Sorry about that, but those are the rules.
(A problem might could be pretense of expertise.)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You shouldn't....you're the exception.
Sorry about that, but those are the rules.
(A problem might could be pretense of expertise.)

Generally, I speak from observation, experience, and an objective examination of the results.

One can watch a sporting event and comment on it, even if one is not on the playing field nor considered an expert. But you can call it as you see it.