• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You never can tell how the whole day will go, but my morning is actually starting out pretty well.
Funny-Crazy-Meme-Pictures-Meanwhile-In-Australia-8.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Thursday is shopping day, 8 o'clock (ish) head to sarlat (or gourdon) to one of the big supermarkets for the weekly food shop. Call in at a couple's of garden centres to see whats new and a diy store for a length of wood.

We have been discussing buying a bistro table and chairs for the courtyard but cannot find any at the garden centres. But the diy store had one on sale half price... I know its the wrong thread but i consider that a win. Actually a frightening lime green colour but a pot of paint will cure that.

Then in 32c (90f) temperature i decided the car needed cleaning... It was so nice having a cool shower afterwards.

Then disaster struck... Our bio vegi man who delivers our random fresh veg phoned, his van has been stolen. No problems, in a nice clean car i drive to his farm and collect out veg... As a bonus he gave me a honeydew melon... Another win.

So far so good

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Thursday is shopping day, 8 o'clock (ish) head to sarlat (or gourdon) to one of the big supermarkets for the weekly food shop. Call in at a couple's of garden centres to see whats new and a diy store for a length of wood.

We have been discussing buying a bistro table and chairs for the courtyard but cannot find any at the garden centres. But the diy store had one on sale half price... I know its the wrong thread but i consider that a win. Actually a frightening lime green colour but a pot of paint will cure that.

Then in 32c (90f) temperature i decided the car needed cleaning... It was so nice having a cool shower afterwards.

Then disaster struck... Our bio vegi man who delivers our random fresh veg phoned, his van has been stolen. No problems, in a nice clean car i drive to his farm and collect out veg... As a bonus he gave me a honeydew melon... Another win.

So far so good
I'd be careful about how you announce getting wood this morning.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Try out a fine word, "lumber".
It's what I do.
Uh....not that I lumber around...which I do.
I mean I use the word, "lumber".

Not interested in Americanisms, i speak english. If you guys get off twisting words and chuckling about the childishness of it then feel free.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not interested in Americanisms, i speak english. If you guys get off twisting words and chuckling about the childishness of it then feel free.
Brits have lumber.
Google tells me that you froggies have "bois".
But be careful about saying you're buying "boys".

This is fun.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I have ordered what will hopefully be the remainder of the repairs and things I need for my for car, save for a non-beat and banged up rear bumper.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I've picked up a good deal of English English.
But a car will always have a hood, not a bonnet. A bonnet goes on a head. A hood goes on a car. You don't pop the bonnet, you pop the hood.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I've picked up a good deal of English English.
But a car will always have a hood, not a bonnet. A bonnet goes on a head. A hood goes on a car. You don't pop the bonnet, you pop the hood.

You open the bonnet. Or open the boot. You pop a balloon or a blister