• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
And their "near side" & "far side" instead of left or right....so backward.
I can't say much. I've found myself spelling out tyre on occasion. And saying can't be arsed, tenner or fiver to refer to our five and ten dollar bills, cuppa, bloody, sod, and my personal favorite, daft bellend.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I can't say much. I've found myself spelling out tyre on occasion. And saying can't be arsed, tenner or fiver to refer to our five and ten dollar bills, cuppa, bloody, sod, and my personal favorite, daft bellend.

Spoken like a true brit

Shadow Wolf

I'll agree with that. Left and right is good english
I want to go back in time and slap whoever decided right can be used both as direction and side as well as a word for affirmative. Did that wanker ever have to give directions?
"Left?"
"Right."
"Oh, I turn right?"
"No, left."
"But you said right."
"I meant yes, turn left."
Someone needs held accountable for making that possible.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Do you slip into Britishese when knackered?

Shadow Wolf

Do you slip into Britishese when knackered?
A lot of times it's to have "other words" to get the point across even if lots of Americans don't know how harsh the words actually are, and because some things get old after awhile so it's nice to change things up once in awhile, like the occasional sod off.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A lot of times it's to have "other words" to get the point across even if lots of Americans don't know how harsh the words actually are, and because some things get old after awhile so it's nice to change things up once in awhile, like the occasional sod off.
Or "qu nide".

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
3178673400_1deb1d9ece_n.jpg