• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
giphy.gif
buck-rogers-twiki-wallpapers_17099_1024x768.jpg

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Why is it I again have rare things from anti-depressants happening to me? This one wouldn't be bad, but in my situation it's frustrating.
I went through nine different medications for depression and headaches...they either did not work at all, or I was the one in 1,000 for whom the side effects were extremely negative (such as Serotonin Syndrome)...we eventually got a DNA study that showed which medicines I was likely to have positive or negative results from...and promptly found a couple that help a bit...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I went through nine different medications for depression and headaches...they either did not work at all, or I was the one in 1,000 for whom the side effects were extremely negative (such as Serotonin Syndrome)...we eventually got a DNA study that showed which medicines I was likely to have positive or negative results from...and promptly found a couple that help a bit...
The one I'm on, Cymbalta, was actually helping my mood and all the fibro and nerve pains. But I was having signs of serotonin syndrome. So I quit taking it, talked to my doctor, and started back on it on a lower dose, and I'm handling it much better. Other meds haven't worked, one left me suicidal, one made me very sexually frustrated, one gave me hypomania, a few made me nauseous and puke, and some of these have been ones a gene test said I should be good to go with.
This one seems to have attached my libido to a rocket and done weird stuff to my stuff down there that isn't normal for a transwoman on hormones for awhile. It's very weird.

Shadow Wolf

I recommend bacon.
The main side effect is bliss.
I'll get to eating some one of these days. Promise. I have a thingy in the freezer from an open package that I ate a few slices from.
I think it's in there still anyways. I don't know. I craved bacon when I had to walk everywhere a couple years ago but now I'm back to just eating it not very often. And it very typically is with eggs and toast, or sometimes pancakes. And always a big glass of orange juice.

Shadow Wolf

Here's a challenge for the internet:
Post a forgettable and boring Venture Brothers character. It can't be done. People will try, but they'll go through the entire dramatis personae before succeeding. Because you don't forget the characters in that show. Like Venturestein. You can't forget him. Or Henchman 1/Zero. Shoreleave is impossible to forget. It can't be done.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Here's a challenge for the internet:
Post a forgettable and boring Venture Brothers character. It can't be done. People will try, but they'll go through the entire dramatis personae before succeeding. Because you don't forget the characters in that show. Like Venturestein. You can't forget him. Or Henchman 1/Zero. Shoreleave is impossible to forget. It can't be done.
Dr Dugong is boring. But his being so boring is
important in the story between The Monarch &
Wide Whale. So I met the letter of your challenge,
but not the spirit. Tricky I can be at times.