• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I like my burgers "murdered" clear thru.
I do believe I could change your mind. That is, unless you don't like a burger gushing with juice and flavor.
"Rare" in my vast eating experience (which
dwarfs yours) means still raw on the inside.
Still cooked, still edible. I don't get my entire steaks rare, but around the bone will still be because there's just no way to do it more without killing the meat.
And, pan searing a thick steak in a hot iron skillet for a few minutes on each side then finished cooking in a very hot oven for a few minutes is a very delicious and awesome steak. But medium is really pushing it with this method.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Lol, i see much Dunning Kruger in out friendly tame bear

Low ability...INDEED!!!!! I have never been so insulted in the last couple of minutes....... but you are forgiven, I understand you are jealous

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a hypothetical cognitive bias stating that people with low ability at a task overestimate their own ability, and that people with high ability at a task underestimate their own ability.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You keep on saying I should add IMO, In My Opinion. But you are telling me that so it is your opinion....why would I add in your opinion...sheesh.......especially since your opinion about beef is obviously wrong......
From RF rule #8....
"..... Stating opinions as a definitive matter of fact (i.e., without "I believe/feel/think" language, and/or without references) may be moderated as preaching."

Without such unambiguous qualifiers, there is the risk that
one's expression of an opinion might be taken as claiming
a fact. Subtlety doesn't always come across to all readers,
& could result in some taking offense.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I do believe I could change your mind. That is, unless you don't like a burger gushing with juice and flavor.
Biting into undercooked animal flesh, & having a
flood of bodily fluids burst forth disgusts me.
Still cooked, still edible. I don't get my entire steaks rare, but around the bone will still be because there's just no way to do it more without killing the meat.
And, pan searing a thick steak in a hot iron skillet for a few minutes on each side then finished cooking in a very hot oven for a few minutes is a very delicious and awesome steak. But medium is really pushing it with this method.
You'll enjoy your steaks your way.
I'll enjoy mine ground up & murdered with a slice'o tomato.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Low ability...INDEED!!!!! I have never been so insulted in the last couple of minutes....... but you are forgiven, I understand you are jealous

I don't do jealousy, just ask hubby...

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a hypothetical cognitive bias stating that people with low ability at a task overestimate their own ability.

Bingo

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
From RF rule #8....
"..... Stating opinions as a definitive matter of fact (i.e., without "I believe/feel/think" language, and/or without references) may be moderated as preaching."

Without such unambiguous qualifiers, there is the risk that
one's expression of an opinion might be taken as claiming
a fact. Subtlety doesn't always come across to all readers,
& could result in some taking offense.

Well I'm offended by these rules....what if I was an anarchist....this would all be highly offensive to me