• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
@Wu Wei is corrupting the morals of the young:

49d8eb60e0d4013971e8005056a9545d

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
German central bank inundated with money damaged in floods (apnews.com)

BERLIN (AP) — Germany’s central bank says it has been inundated with more than 50 million euros’ ($59 million) worth of damaged bank notes after deadly floods that hit part of the country in July.

The Bundesbank said Wednesday that individuals and banks have handed in notes that were soaked in the floods and often also contaminated with oil, sewage or mud. The damaged money is dried, processed and then destroyed at a center in Mainz that analyzes forged and damaged money, and its owners are refunded without charge.

The bank said that the center usually receives damaged bills to the tune of 40 million euros per year. This year, it received 51 million euros’ worth of notes from the flood-hit areas in western Germany between mid-July and the end of August. Germans still tend to use cash more than people in many other European countries.

After they are dried, the damaged notes are flattened out, verified and counted. The Bundesbank said it bought dryers to deal with the influx of dirty money, noting that it’s important to process soaked notes quickly before they clump together and becomes as hard as concrete.

1000.jpeg

I always wondered about money laundering and how it was done.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Chinese Idol Show Shut Down Over Spilled Milk

Well, they say you should never cry over spilled milk.

One of China’s most popular online talent shows has been suspended days before its season finale due to a voting promotion that may have resulted in crazed fans wasting vast quantities of milk.

The trigger was a video that went viral over the five-day Labor Day holiday in early May, showing a group of middle-aged people opening bottles of dairy product, pouring their contents into buckets, and dumping the buckets into a drainage ditch. All they were interested in, apparently, were the bottle caps with QR codes printed on the inside that could be scanned to vote for contestants on the wildly popular talent show “Youth With You 3.”

Though it’s unclear when and where the video was recorded, it is an open secret that die-hard fans of such shows spend absurd amounts of money to help their favorite contestants win. This time, however, their irrational — and potentially wasteful — behavior has drawn fire from the state-run Xinhua News Agency.

China just enacted its inaugural anti-food waste law last week, Xinhua said in an editorial published Tuesday, characterizing the scene depicted in the video as “disrespecting labor” and “showing contempt for the law.”

“Ultimately, this (behavior) will mislead young people and erode their values,” the editorial said. “This isn’t just a matter of pouring dairy products into a ditch — it’s about ditching our youth!”

Hours later, Beijing’s radio and television bureau ordered iQiyi, the video streaming site that produces “Youth With You 3,” to suspend the show — just days before its scheduled finale on May 8. “The platform should improve the management of its program, as well as check and rectify the existing problems,” the bureau said, without identifying the problems.

In response the next morning, iQiyi said it would “accept the criticism” and “earnestly rectify” the matter.

Deidre

Did you know that when someone gives you an ''informative'' rating, it doesn't show in your notifications? Now, you know. Random yes, but not meaningless. :relieved:

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Staring at the world through a hole you put in my hand
That was caused by a blade you gently inserted
I did this for you
Not for your religions, not for your patterns
I did this for a man like you
Stop searching and find me
I am stabbed by grace and slinging blood

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Smoking the one cigarette I’m allowed today. There’s a spider the size of my palm just chilling maybe 5 feet away from me on the patio. You just stay over there buddy. Go eat the bad stuff

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I always wondered about money laundering and how it was done.

I've laundered money. I was caught in a downpour in Myrtle Beach a few years ago. I was soaked so badly that the money in my wallet in my pocket was soaked. When I was done the money was as clean as the day it was born.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I made it through the week on my one pack a week policy despite stress-smoking a lot the other night
I've been begging, beseeching, threatening, cajoling, wheedling,
pleading, whining, & politely asking you to quit smoking. Your
health mattes. Don't make me compose limericks!

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I've been begging, beseeching, threatening, cajoling, wheedling,
pleading, whining, & politely asking you to quit smoking. Your
health mattes. Don't make me compose limericks!

Oh no, please not limericks! If I make it sound like I don’t want that will you do it?

(I am quitting with PhD, I’m down to a pack a week, what more ya want from me ^.^)