• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
He's basically as far right as I am left, with both of us being deep south.

I see.

Like I said, I think I get along well with close to center, with @Revoltingest being a potential exception which I might get along with - well, he and I could argue over nothing for 4 hours on a day where we both had patience, time and attention span, I think, but start talking political subjects, and me and him will probably hash out a mutual understanding within 10 minutes.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He's basically as far right as I am left, with both of us being deep south.
Be careful using the term, "right".
It can mean authoritarian, fascist, & economically
liberal (in the permissive sense, ie, liberty). I favor
both social & economic liberty. The best term for
this view is "libertarian".

It used to be said that we're to the right of Reagan
& to the left of Kennedy. This was to shock the
neurotypicals (libertarians are not normal) into
thinking outside their box.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I see.

Like I said, I think I get along well with close to center, with @Revoltingest being a potential exception which I might get along with - well, he and I could argue over nothing for 4 hours on a day where we both had patience, time and attention span, I think, but start talking political subjects, and me and him will probably hash out a mutual understanding within 10 minutes.
This is cuz many see disagreement as something to be won.
Instead, we see it as exploration, understanding, advocacy,
& tolerating disagreement.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Tell me about it. I'm convinced that the dentist I used to see before he retired would have spotted it in time - even with Covid.

Well, it turns out that the root of the tooth is one with the underlying jaw and the dentist gave up after quite a long session of shoving and tugging.

So now I have an 'emergecy' appointment with a dental surgeon tomorrow. I'm so thrilled that I just have to sing this song

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
People keep telling me that I should cut down on pizza and eat more greens, and that's fine and all, but then they expect me to be in a good mood and not using sailor language while doing it. How odd.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
People keep telling me that I should cut down on pizza and eat more greens, and that's fine and all, but then they expect me to be in a good mood and not using sailor language while doing it. How odd.

I find it best to avoid people, failing that I turn my hearing aid off.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
A pop up covid test clinic has moved into my little village for the day because of covid fragments being detected in the sewage. Should I go and have a stick shoved up my nose into my brain?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
A pop up covid test clinic has moved into my little village for the day because of covid fragments being detected in the sewage. Should I go and have a stick shoved up my nose into my brain?

Vaxxers will tell you that you can barely feel it. Antivaxxers that have had it, will tell you it's like having a nine foot stick of dynamite lodged up your nostril.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Vaxxers will tell you that you can barely feel it. Antivaxxers that have had it, will tell you it's like having a nine foot stick of dynamite lodged up your nostril.

hmmmm.... is it possible to be a vaccinated antivaxxer?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
My body has developed the ability to turn 1 small cup of coffee into 28 litres of urine.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I just want to take a moment to be intentionally, and happily, politically incorrect

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Some of us are fed up with a lot of people who just can't ignore threads that they don't want to read. They're separate from all other threads now after all.
I ignore most threads and feel a little like I'm out of the loop. I think that some people read through every thread!!! Why? Why?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
6126311fcca5c_GrxGJAa__700.jpg