• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I'm definitely leaving once I have my masters. I have no hope for the future here. It's a land of lunacy, greed, over work, expensive healthcare, and religious bigotry.

I pin my hopes on the "cornered animal" phenomenon. Not calling GOP animals (though some of the politicians I might). The demographics don't look great for future GOP voting, so this might be the lashing out before some sort of hopefully inevitable snap back from the fringe.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I pin my hopes on the "cornered animal" phenomenon. Not calling GOP animals (though some of the politicians I might). The demographics don't look great for future GOP voting, so this might be the lashing out before some sort of hopefully inevitable snap back from the fringe.
I don't even think that will work with the way rural Republican states can strong arm everyone else. If more of America were like here, probably, but that vast chunk of fly over America with it's dominate white protestant world can keep getting their way and pushing around the minority of blue states and districts.
Seriously, Trump would still be president had the issue went to Congress, where Reps held fewer states but had more states for more votes if it came to that.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I don't even think that will work with the way rural Republican states can strong arm everyone else. If more of America were like here, probably, but that vast chunk of fly over America with it's dominate white protestant world can keep getting their way and pushing around the minority of blue states and districts.

Whole bunch of Gen Z with relatively unknown voting demographics are coming up though. May see just how hopeless it really is soon enough.

Shadow Wolf

Whole bunch of Gen Z with relatively unknown voting demographics are coming up though. May see just how hopeless it really is soon enough.
Generation stuff is malarkey. Like Indiana. Doesn't matter how old someone is, chances are great they are protestant and prejudiced.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Generation stuff is malarkey. Like Indiana. Doesn't matter how old someone is, chances are great they are protestant and prejudiced.

I'm not so sure about that. Obviously some social progression has happened on generational levels.

"OK boomer" was a thing for a reason.

Disclaimer: I don't like the ageism of "OK Boomer" either. But I get why it existed. Monolithing Boomers is wrong, to be clear.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I knew something was wrong with you.

Crunchy is the way to go. Creamy is for lizard people

I know there is something wrong with me too.... but it has nothing to do with peanut butter..... But then bears just are not a picky as humans.... and you get more uses out of a jar of creamy peanut butter than you do of a jar, of the same size, of crunchy

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I know there is something wrong with me too.... but it has nothing to do with peanut butter..... But then bears just are not a picky as humans.... and you get more uses out of a jar of creamy peanut butter than you do of a jar, of the same size, of crunchy

It has everything to do with peanut butter. Didn't you know it's the single measure of a person?

Shadow Wolf

I'm not so sure about that. Obviously some social progression has happened on generational levels.

"OK boomer" was a thing for a reason.

Disclaimer: I don't like the ageism of "OK Boomer" either. But I get why it existed. Monolithing Boomers is wrong, to be clear.
Yeah. My best friend, her "boomer" parents are such awesome people, have treated me more like family than my own family has (I'vealso done more with them than with my own parents), and accept me still after coming out as trans.
I pretty much reject generation as much as I do astrology. That tells me nothing.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Yeah. My best friend, her "boomer" parents are such awesome people, have treated me more like family than my own family has (I'vealso done more with them than with my own parents), and accept me still after coming out as trans.
I pretty much reject generation as much as I do astrology. That tells me nothing.

I think there are statistical truths. But that's the caveat that they're statistical, and it's always wrong to take statistics and monolith with them.

For instance it's statistically true that there are less women than men in STEM, but obviously that doesn't mean anything about women's ability to do STEM. Etc.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I'm vaccinated. But I'm avoiding all venues that
would require sticking a shillelagh up me snoot.

Wait there are venues that do rapid testing to enter?

I've enjoyed the fact that venues around me have required proof of vax to enter certain areas. Between masks and that, it's allowed me to do some things I otherwise wouldn't feel comfortable doing.

Shadow Wolf

I think there are statistical truths. But that's the caveat that they're statistical, and it's always wrong to take statistics and monolith with them.

For instance it's statistically true that there are less women than men in STEM, but obviously that doesn't mean anything about women's ability to do STEM. Etc.
Yeah, but that's not homogenizing people and applying things to them that may not even be applicable.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Yeah, but that's not homogenizing people and applying things to them that may not even be applicable.

Some people do though.

So that's what I'm saying. I think statistically true statements can be made about generations while acknowledging that it's wrong to monolith generations. In my example, a statistically true thing can be made about sexes while acknowledging that it would be wrong to monolith sexes.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Wait there are venues that do rapid testing to enter?

I've enjoyed the fact that venues around me have required proof of vax to enter certain areas. Between masks and that, it's allowed me to do some things I otherwise wouldn't feel comfortable doing.
I don't know how rapid the tests are.
In NYC eateries I had to show proof & ID.
That was great...other than being in NYC.