• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I don't know how rapid the tests are.
In NYC eateries I had to show proof & ID.
That was great...other than being in NYC.

Marley and I talked about visiting NYC for Every Time I Die this coming year. She's been a couple of times for an old job, but never got to enjoy the city. I've never been.

Any recommendations?

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I'm a total urbanite. The most I'll say about where I live is that it's a major city (I won't say what level of major I guess) and I wouldn't have it any other way. I couldn't do suburbia or rurality. So I love big cities. Give me skyscrapers and all the different kinds of people.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Some people do though.

So that's what I'm saying. I think statistically true statements can be made about generations while acknowledging that it's wrong to monolith generations. In my example, a statistically true thing can be made about sexes while acknowledging that it would be wrong to monolith sexes.
Going by decade would be way more accurate than how generation is thought of. Like the vast differences between those born in the early and mid 80s and those born in the 90s. But somehow those born in the 90s came to define those born in the 80s, as far as I can tell just because the year 2000.
But even then that's iffy and I believe there are even better ways to describe people in more accurate ways.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Going by decade would be way more accurate than how generation is thought of. Like the vast differences between those born in the early and mid 80s and those born in the 90s. But somehow those born in the 90s came to define those born in the 80s, as far as I can tell just because the year 2000.

I thought that's essentially what generation does. Gen X is considered sort of the forgotten generation because of exactly things like this (because of us Millennials and our tendency to be more activist).

Shadow Wolf

I thought that's essentially what generation does. Gen X is considered sort of the forgotten generation because of exactly things like this (because of us Millennials and our tendency to be more activist).
I reject millennial because nothing of it applies to me. Like the Recession. I was working long enough by that point I got ahead at work and walked out of the Recession with homeownership.
And that became the third generation Ive known applied to me, Xinnial, or whatever, describing thise who were at a "sweet spot" to escape the brunt of the Recession.
Growing up it was Gen X/MTV generation.

Shadow Wolf

brock-liked.gif

Shadow Wolf

It's typically 20 years they go by, but for whatever reason X was shortened.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I reject millennial because nothing of it applies to me. Like the Recession. I was working long enough by that point I got ahead at work and walked out of the Recession with homeownership.
And that became the third generation Ive known applied to me, Xinnial, or whatever, describing thise who were at a "sweet spot" to escape the brunt of the Recession.
Growing up it was Gen X/MTV generation.

I don't think we were ever Gen X. As far as I knew it was Gen Y at first.

I've heard Xinnial before, per that definition I would be one of those by year as well. I thought the difference was basically being a child pre-internet and being exposed to things like the internet and cell phones gradually, while younger Millennials had these things from very young ages.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I'm 37, few years older, so I might have more pre-internet/pre-cell phone memories. I remember pagers in high school, and being in high school with my first cell phone (a notorious blue brick of a Nokia).

I remember going to prom with a boy (because I was super in the closet) and trying to avoid him the whole night by playing Snake on that Nokia in the bathroom. I feel bad about it now. I hope he doesn't tell horror stories about his prom date dodging him to this day.

Shadow Wolf

I don't think we were ever Gen X.
Its what people put me with growing up.
I've heard Xinnial before, per that definition I would be one of those by year as well. I thought the difference was basically being a child pre-internet and being exposed to things like the internet and cell phones gradually, while younger Millennials had these things from very young ages.
That, the Recession, terrorism and Iraq (Millenials first is 9/11 and Bush Jrs bungled efforts in Iraq), Walkmans, selective adoption of technology, not as with it on the lingo, and with the cynicism of X.

Shadow Wolf

I'm 37, few years older, so I might have more pre-internet/pre-cell phone memories. I remember pagers in high school, and being in high school with my first cell phone (a notorious blue brick of a Nokia).

I remember going to prom with a boy (because I was super in the closet) and trying to avoid him the whole night by playing Snake on that Nokia in the bathroom. I feel bad about it now. I hope he doesn't tell horror stories about his prom date dodging him to this day.
We weren't using cell phones when I was in high school. We basically all said "**** it" and couldn't understand why we'd want our parents to be able to get ahold of us whenever. Or anyone. Phones belong at home.
And then we moved out and learned cell phones are cheaper than landlines.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
We weren't using cell phones when I was in high school. We basically all said "**** it" and couldn't understand why we'd want our parents to be able to get ahold of us whenever. Or anyone. Phones belong at home.
And then we moved out and learned cell phones are cheaper than landlines.

My dad would murder me if I didn't have my phone AND answer it at all times if I went out especially. It wasn't a choice, it was "have this or don't go out."

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

He recently told me that the experience of rejection
by a hottie was so traumatic that he swore off girls.
You made him gay.

Shadow Wolf

My dad would murder me if I didn't have my phone AND answer it at all times if I went out especially. It wasn't a choice, it was "have this or don't go out."
My mom still nags at me. She asks what will I do if I break down. I respond same thing I did before I had a cell phone. Except not quite because pay phones are very rare now.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
My mom still nags at me. She asks what will I do if I break down. I respond same thing I did before I had a cell phone. Except not quite because pay phones are very rare now.

Wait you still don't carry one?

I cannot imagine it. But that's because of my disability to some extent. Even without that, I'd still have a hard time imagining not having one on me.