• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Looks like Backwards is winning.

Many years ago, I was passing through the area on I-44, and stopped at a motel in Joplin. The desk clerk was joking about how backward the people of Oklahoma were, compared to the more sophisticated and educated population of Missouri.

But I think Arkansas takes the cake for me. I really didn't care much for that state. I was actually happy to be going into Texas, something I never thought possible.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Something elk river (so, floating)

Also have been to lakes in the region, don't know if the lakes are considered part of the Ozarks proper or not (not the one with Ozarks in the name, too douche-y for me with a lot of the crowd)
With the exception of the Bootheel, the Ozarks covers the southern half of the state south of the Missouri River. The lakes in the region are all manmade, but would still be a part.

The Ozarks extends into northern Arkansas. It is probably more rugged in Arkansas. Oklahoma and Illinois have small pieces of it too.

Edit: I just read something I did not know. There is a small piece of the Ozarks in southern Kansas.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Many years ago, I was passing through the area on I-44, and stopped at a motel in Joplin. The desk clerk was joking about how backward the people of Oklahoma were, compared to the more sophisticated and educated population of Missouri.

But I think Arkansas takes the cake for me. I really didn't care much for that state. I was actually happy to be going into Texas, something I never thought possible.
Joplin is where I was born, with Missouri being the last place so far anyone has told me to leave the country.
That entire area sucks crap through 10 bricks as far as the people go.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I have games like Madden, Zelda, Sonic, Mario Golf, etc. And here I am playing a Linux game you've probably never heard of about a go-kart penguin.
I don't know how or why, I rarely play them, but I'm really good at golf video games. Even won a tournament once, I think it was a Gamecube Mario Golf and I've never played before then.