• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Well I don't see the harm I guess so I'll just say I did K-12 in the KCMO area, and was born there
We are from the same state, but you grew up about 200 miles north and west of me. Pretty close. I spent time in Warrensburg getting my first degree.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The hospital I was born in still stands. I did cause the power to go out as soon as I was born though. The first of a series of strange events with electricity that have occurred throughout my life.

It must be due to that battery they attached to you so you could keep on banging that drum.

giphy.gif

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Are you The One?
It was merely the beginning. At one time, while driving east on Hwy 50 in Tipton, Mo, the power went out just as I passed the city limits on the western edge. It was eerie driving through the town without any power. But more eerie that the power came back on just as I left the city limits on the eastern edge of town.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Gotcha, there was just a Smithville nearby, so I wondered if we were neighbors when I was a kid
There are some interesting species of scarabs and tiger beetles from that part of the state that I have yet to run across in the wild.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
This is how I imagine Smithville.

Agent-Smith-replicated.jpg
Could be. The source of my name was more of an authoritarian bully, but they are clones these days.

I have been through the area several times doing research on corn near Skidmore, MO. A town made famous in the book and movie 'In Broad Daylight'.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I don't remember anything like that! Just the worst and ugliest things in the world: spider crickets, sprickets
They are terrible. All that jumping and biting.

Brown recluse spiders were originally discovered to be a source of necrotizing fasciitis during the 1950's by a team including Curtis Wingo, an entomologist from Missouri.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Wow. I was relaxing tonight and several people were posting and posting and posting and posting.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I don't know what my cat could have even done, but I had several tabs open and some software open for my research and when I came back from the kitchen, everything was gone and my capslock key was on. Is there even a "close everything" button?!

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
OK I'm laughing but I'm also mad.

My cat got on my laptop while I was in the kitchen and I thought everything I was working on closed because I had a desktop with nothing on it, and my capslock key was on.

However when I just tried to re-open some software for my research, everything just came back (and appeared on the start bar again as well).

Now I have no idea what my cat even did. So I tried googling, and couldn't stop laughing at all the "help my cat walked on my keyboard and now..." results.

Anyway I still can't figure out what he even did. What would cause everything to disappear, produce a "new" desktop, and then bring everything back as soon as you try to open something that was already open? Such that nothing would appear in the start bar of Windows 10 until you do so?