• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
So for instance if I’m looking at morphology catalogues I might have a differently named column for 5 different fields that means the same thing, but in some of them it’s on a logarithmic scale and some it’s not. So if they name them differently, it’s not easy to tell this is the same kind of data. And one of the fields doesn’t even give a key for column names in their notes.

WTF does DS_w mean? Who knows! I have to look at every column of every field to rule it out, and convert stuff, and all of this.

And it’s like… just talk to each other! Hey guys, why don’t we all call this data X, and either log it or not!!

RAGE!!!!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There is no consistency in this data I get from the Hubble teams! You would think these scientists would, I don’t know, talk to each other?

I have 5 fields of galaxies in my research and only 2 of them use the same naming and noting conventions

I'll bet every shekel I have that each thinks that their convention is the best and that everyone should use it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I finished Red Dragon.
I take back what I said. The endings are radically different between the book and movie.
Overall I don't think I like the movie that much anymore because it's basically just about the hunt but the book delves much deeper into the psychological stuff going on in the heads of Graham and Dolarhyde.

Shadow Wolf

I am excited to read Silence of the Lambs though. And I don't see myself not liking that movie because Anthony Hopkins is so great at that role.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
241678037_6386749338032388_1146489985085956123_n.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There is no consistency in this data I get from the Hubble teams! You would think these scientists would, I don’t know, talk to each other?

I have 5 fields of galaxies in my research and only 2 of them use the same naming and noting conventions
White people problems.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
So for instance if I’m looking at morphology catalogues I might have a differently named column for 5 different fields that means the same thing, but in some of them it’s on a logarithmic scale and some it’s not. So if they name them differently, it’s not easy to tell this is the same kind of data. And one of the fields doesn’t even give a key for column names in their notes.

WTF does DS_w mean? Who knows! I have to look at every column of every field to rule it out, and convert stuff, and all of this.

And it’s like… just talk to each other! Hey guys, why don’t we all call this data X, and either log it or not!!

RAGE!!!!
Sounds like you've got a career mission developing...:D

Shadow Wolf

If I knew how to be able to do it, I think I'd be happy doing a Top Gear or Grand Tour type of show. I'm not anywhere close to being as funny as Clarkson, Hammond and May so I might have to have some how tos to fill in the gaps.
But I'd be happy doing it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If I knew how to be able to do it, I think I'd be happy doing a Top Gear or Grand Tour type of show. I'm not anywhere close to being as funny as Clarkson, Hammond and May so I might have to have some how tos to fill in the gaps.
But I'd be happy doing it.
You'd need the right foil...some antagonist
to provoke & be provoked by.