• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Jelly babies roaming the forest in search of victims.

I have a jelly baby story. We had a very OCD artist whose desk was immaculate. With the exception of a jelly baby he sat on top of his monitor which he ate at precisely 15:00.

One day while he was away from his desk one of the co-workers in his team kidnapped the jelly baby and left a note, "Mess up your desk or the jelly baby gets it"

Poor guy didn't know what to do, he was totally devastated at the idea of messing up his desk and the loss of his beloved daily jelly baby.

He literally had tears in his eyes when i intervened, walked him away from his desk while the kidnapper returned the jelly baby.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
You'd treat the bosses leg as a fire hydrant and you know it

Not necessarily. Some bosses I had were good bosses. The ones I typically had a problem with were at the "rubber meets the cloud" layer because they thought the clouds were the road.

But even more than that was the bureaucracy and meaningless paper shuffling that generated.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

The difference between gummy bears and jelly babies.

Oursons_gélatine_marché_Rouffignac.jpgJelly-Babies.jpg

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Make it easy on yourself
There's nothing more you can do
You're so full of what is right
You can't see what is true

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Roses are red (sometimes)
Violets are blue (more or less but actually violet)
Few see what's really true
And that leaves us blue.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I got to thinking, once I get everything legal and medical (which them enables lingering legal things to be cleared up) I don't actually have to get my master's to leave the country. All my documents will match, it will be easier to get around, I may go teach English in Berlin (or somewhere else in Germany) to get away from here sooner rather than later because I don't have much confidence in America's future.
**** the Constitution and division of powers and all that silly stuff, power rests where people believe it does amd if there is an outright rejection of power all the checks and balances and regulations whatever else have you will not save the day and thwart and serious coup.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
The King of the Hill episode where Hank says "I hate my dad," it made me realize I don't think I've ever actually said that out loud myself. Amd Hank's right. It feels good to say it.