• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Durian..... not the best smelling thing in the jungle....stinks so much it is even banned in Revoltingstien...no wait....possibly its their air freshener..... I'll have to wait for @Revoltingest to clarify.... I get confused between the corpse flower and the Durian when it comes to Revoltingstien, what is banned and what is air freshener
I would think someone as fastidious in his wardrobe as Mr. @Revoltingest would regale himself in only the best cologne available from his homeland.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Durian..... not the best smelling thing in the jungle....stinks so much it is even banned in Revoltingstien...no wait....possibly its their air freshener..... I'll have to wait for @Revoltingest to clarify.... I get confused between the corpse flower and the Durian when it comes to Revoltingstien, what is banned and what is air freshener
Durian refuses to visit Revoltistan.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Not the case in the United States for a group of French and Swiss cheese-makers in the area surrounding Gruyeres, who attempted to get the term "gruyere" trademarked. After the the U.S. Dairy Export Council opposed the mark, and the USPTO somehow got this right for once and rejected the application over the term being generic, the Interprofession Du Gruyere and Syndicat Interprofessionel du Gruyere took the matter to the Eastern District of Virginia courts only to find the judge there has ruled against it too.

US Court To Gruyere Cheese People: No, You Can't Ban People From Calling Their Cheese Gruyere If They Aren't Your Neighbors
I'd argue against it, on grounds similar to the international laws protecting things like Champaign (must come from Champaign to be labeled as such), or the real Budweiser, which is the only beer that can legally be labelled as Budweiser in just about every country where the real thing hasn't been confused for canned/bottled pee (which must be called Bud internationally).

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
8f480a904eec013a8fe3005056a9545d

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It is regretful to realize this, but all these years later and still the only place I've learned about or heard about the medical uses for olive oil (without deliberately looking stuff up) was my church education. I'd still prefer antibiotics and antivenom, but it's not a bad idea to carry around a small bottle of it on a hike.

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
Where I reside, it is currently 30 degrees Fahrenheit (-1.1 Celsius), and the neighbors next door have been outside for five hours now in their backyard listening to country music and talking loudly.