• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
"Ich" can be pronounced with a sound that is in Yiddish but not english (put your tongue in the middle of the roof of your mouth and exhale to get close) or as "ish" (more or less) for example.
I'm familiar with variations on pronouncing "Ich".

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I came across this pic this morning. Just when I thought it couldn't get any cruder.

fyf4iswrw3a91.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
"Ich" can be pronounced with a sound that is in Yiddish but not english (put your tongue in the middle of the roof of your mouth and exhale to get close) or as "ish" (more or less) for example.
If you want to get technical its ee-air and mocus softly passing between the tongue and roof of the mouth. Ish works though, and it's what I most often hear.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Hmm. I've been in Myrtle Beach at peak summer where the relative humidity and temperature were both over 90. I thought of it as going into a steam room for a short time between walking from an air-conditioned room to an air-conditioned room. I guess it was closer to lethal than I realized before reading that article.

A couple years ago I was in Fort Lauderdale in June, it was 96 degrees with 90% humidity.... per the article that was lethal, but I did not spend that much time outside...and I was drinking lots of water