• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Hey, Snow White, I'm buying.....dinner, tonight.......whadda ya say..?

I don't think we would really like each other all that much in real life. You're in your 70's, a bit old-fashioned. I'm 33, Wiccan, I act 18, I'm obsessed with Japan. Then when dinner rolls around, you'll just want to spend the whole time talking about @Wu Wei , while I'll want to spend it talking about Aaron Rodger's new girlfriend.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
you-definitely-can-teach-old-dogs-new-tricks-not-yet-too-late.gif

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I don't think we would really like each other all that much in real life. You're in your 70's, a bit old-fashioned. I'm 33, Wiccan, I act 18, I'm obsessed with Japan. Then when dinner rolls around, you'll just want to spend the whole time talking about @Wu Wei , while I'll want to spend it talking about Aaron Rodger's new girlfriend.

Does sound boring..... but based on that.....I don't think I like either of you :D

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I was in close proximity to bacon today.... it was a surprise....it came on my Avocado toast.... but not to worry...I took all the bacon off and set it aside for @Revoltingest

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Penguins unimpressed with Japanese aquarium's shift to cheaper fish - UPI.com

Penguins-unimpressed-with-Japanese-aquariums-shift-to-cheaper-fish.jpg

July 8 (UPI) -- A Japanese aquarium said it is trying to switch its penguins' diet to a cheaper kind of fish as a result of inflation, but the birds are being uncooperative.

Officials at the Hakone-en Aquarium, southwest of Tokyo, said they switched the penguins from their usual diet of aji, aka Japanese horse mackerel, to a cheaper variety of mackerel after the price of aji spiked nearly 30 percent over last year.

A video filmed at the aquarium shows the penguins stubbornly refusing to accept offerings of the cheaper fish from keepers.

"Even if they'll take it in their beaks, they'll just spit it out," Hiroki Shimamoto, the head zookeeper at the aquarium, told VICE World News.

Aquarium workers said the penguins will begrudgingly eat the cheaper fish if it is mixed in with some aji.

"Ideally, they would like to have a full aji, but they are patiently eating mackerel," Shimamoto told TV Asahi.

Keepers said the facility's otters have also shown a preference for aji over the cheaper fish.

"We could raise the admission fee to the aquarium and fix this issue, but we would like to do our best to keep our facility a comfortable place for our guests to visit. We do not plan on raising admission prices," Shimamoto said.

Snooty penguins.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I've gotten a copy of the Book of Enoch the Prophet translated by Richard Laurence. The intro says "Christianity obviously borrows the terrors of eternal fire from the Book of Enoch" and "When primitive Christianity had freely appropriated the visions of Enoch as the materials of constructive dogmas, this remarkable book gradually sank into oblivion, disappeared out of Western Christendom, and was eventually forgotten by a church, which unconsciously perpetuated its teachings as the miraculous revelations of Christianity."

Sounds like it might be an interesting read.