• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Tomorrow i take the children to the UK to visit family and friends. I am not bothered about getting there but returning may be a problem. Airport chaos reigns across Britain.

Who'd 'a' thought it. The consciquences of brexit are biting hard.

The story goes. Britain kicked out all the European workers unless they were on £36k+ per year.

First consequence, food is rotting at farms because of the lousy pay there is no one to harvest it. Where prior to brexit eastern europeans would take the work at whatever low pay was going, it was batter than no work at home. Brits won't work for that money.

Then along came COVID. Airlines and airports laid staff off because no one was traveling. The government refused to pay the laid off workers so they found alternative work.

Now travel is back and people want the holidays they have missed for a couple of years and guess what, airports and airlines are short staffed.

Traditionally the call would go out to eastern Europe and willing workers flooded the ferries in a rush to take the jobs.

Now though they need to be earning £36000 a year to work in the UK. Baggage handlers, cleaners, cabin crew etc are paid nothing like that amount so the Europeans can't fill the vacancies. And again, low pay, Brits don't want the work.

Results missed flights, cancelled flights and overcrowded

0_PAY-Travel-Chaos-Continues-at-Manchester-Airport.jpg

I would normally be all too eager to return home after a few days but i am dreading this while trying to handle 3 frustrated children...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Tomorrow i take the children to the UK to visit family and friends. I am not bothered about getting there but returning may be a problem. Airport chaos reigns across Britain.

The story goes. Britain kicked out all the European workers unless they were on £36k+ per year.

First consequence, food is rotting at farms because of the lousy pay there is no one to harvest it. Where prior to brexit eastern europeans would take the work at whatever low pay was going, it was batter than no work at home. Brits won't work for that money.

Then along came COVID. Airlines and airports laid staff off because no one was traveling. The government refused to pay the laid off workers so they found alternative work.

Now travel is back and people want the holidays they have missed for a couple of years and guess what, airports and airlines are short staffed.

Traditionally the call would go out to eastern Europe and willing workers flooded the ferries in a rush to take the jobs.

Now though they need to be earning £36000 a year to work in the UK. Baggage handlers, cleaners, cabin crew etc are paid nothing like that amount so the Europeans can't fill the vacancies. And again, low pay, Brits don't want the work.

View attachment 64472

I would normally be all too eager to return home after a few days but i am dreading this while trying to handle 3 frustrated children...

Good luck - you'll need it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I'm scared of some absolute imbecile of a Republican clearing out undocumented workers from America because we'll probably starve. And the World will miss our nuts. And oranges, grapes, almonds, pistachios, lemons, corn, and a bunch of other food that's grown for the World here.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm scared of some absolute imbecile of a Republican clearing out undocumented workers from America because we'll probably starve. And the World will miss our nuts. And oranges, grapes, almonds, pistachios, lemons, corn, and a bunch of other food that's grown for the World here.
Don't worry. The people who count, those with $10M and up will do just fine.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member

View attachment 64472

You could just abandon those pesky critters........oh,no who would do all the chores ,then.....?

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
hey,hey......I remember those cowboy shows way back in another century....shoot em ups...." Dem sharecroppers got to go!", "those sheep people will let their sheep eat all the grazing land", "dern forners don't belong here"......."Who's got a rope...let's "..........Stupid folks live outside the Old West , too