• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
And now...I think I shall go get me some lunch......

stalking-grizzly-bear-phyllis-taylor.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
As far as I can tell.... there are very few foods not meant for bears

I have quite a few items for your next meal courtesy of the internet: Bears eat a large range of insects and worms, using their sticky tongues to sweep up the unlucky bugs. A bear's favorite insects include ants, grubs, grasshoppers, beetle larvae, moths, earthworms and caterpillars.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I have quite a few items for your next meal courtesy of the internet: Bears eat a large range of insects and worms, using their sticky tongues to sweep up the unlucky bugs. A bear's favorite insects include ants, grubs, grasshoppers, beetle larvae, moths, earthworms and caterpillars.

I read one of the words as "earworms".

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What is the origin of abseil?
Abseil “to descend down an incline by means of a rope” is a borrowing of German abseilen, which is a compound of ab- “down” and seilen “to rope.” Because German and English are related, German ab- is a cognate of English of and off; this makes German Ablaut, which refers to the vowel change in the verb singsangsung, equivalent to English off loud. However, German seilen does not have a relative in modern standard English. Old English had sāl “rope,” but this survives today only in dialectal English as sole “a rope for tying up cattle.” Abseil was first recorded in English in the early 1930s.

Wu Wei

Not this bears favorite....oh wait...I see....ALL BEARS ARE ALIKE TO YOU!!!!! BEARIST!!!!!

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
What is the origin of abseil?
Abseil “to descend down an incline by means of a rope” is a borrowing of German abseilen, which is a compound of ab- “down” and seilen “to rope.” Because German and English are related, German ab- is a cognate of English of and off; this makes German Ablaut, which refers to the vowel change in the verb singsangsung, equivalent to English off loud. However, German seilen does not have a relative in modern standard English. Old English had sāl “rope,” but this survives today only in dialectal English as sole “a rope for tying up cattle.” Abseil was first recorded in English in the early 1930s.
That dog is a walking encyclopedia........dog-2467149_640.jpg

Wu Wei

Yeah? Not my fault it pays more to work comfy jobs that require less work than physically demanding jobs.

Fault...what is this fault you speak of.....we don't care about fault in this thread on RF...it just comes down to who we blame.....SLACKER!!!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Not this bears favorite....oh wait...I see....ALL BEARS ARE ALIKE TO YOU!!!!! BEARIST!!!!!
Don't blame me. The internet, that cosmic source of wisdom conveyed knowledge to me which I properly relayed to those in need.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Fault...what is this fault you speak of.....we don't care about fault in this thread on RF...it just comes down to who we blame.....SLACKER!!!

A slacker is one who uses Slack. And it's also an integral part of the Church of the SubGenius. Get with the program. Sheesh.