• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
abYEBgE_460s.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Someone gave me a free ancient Macbook Air. Before doing so he wiped and I mean wiped the hard drive. I though naively that I could just load ubuntu on it so I downloaded it and burned a DVD using a Windows box. Little did I know that I needed to convert the .iso to a Mac format at the time. So I wound up using the internet recovery utility to install Lion on the Mac. Safari would not open ubuntu.com. Chrome would not open ubuntu.com. The latest Firefox said the computer was too old so I hacked around and found an ancient Firefox that would install. It complained about ubuntu's SSL certificate but I could ignore that and download the .iso.

Then I followed the instructions to put Ubuntu on a USB stick. And right now I'm dealing with bad documentation.

It's a fun way to spend Sunday afternoon geeking out.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Someone gave me a free ancient Macbook Air. Before doing so he wiped and I mean wiped the hard drive. I though naively that I could just load ubuntu on it so I downloaded it and burned a DVD using a Windows box. Little did I know that I needed to convert the .iso to a Mac format at the time. So I wound up using the internet recovery utility to install Lion on the Mac. Safari would not open ubuntu.com. Chrome would not open ubuntu.com. The latest Firefox said the computer was too old so I hacked around and found an ancient Firefox that would install. It complained about ubuntu's SSL certificate but I could ignore that and download the .iso.

Then I followed the instructions to put Ubuntu on a USB stick. And right now I'm dealing with bad documentation.

It's a fun way to spend Sunday afternoon geeking out.

Mac is a .dmg

But that sounds too much like work to me...... I will be upgrading all our (office) Macs this week and then installing mac OS Monterey also setting up several new MacBooks ....but enjoy

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Mac is a .dmg

But that sounds too much like work to me...... I will be upgrading all our (office) Macs this week and then installing mac OS Monterey also setting up several new MacBooks ....but enjoy

This should be in the "win" thread because I have Ubuntu running now.

It's fun partly because it's a challenge and partly because I'm doing it because I want to not because it's part of my job.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Your post is evidence.
I'm really on a prognostication roll.

My post is evidence of my post, it is not evidence of your foreknowledge. To provide evidence of your prediction you need to provide a dated, timed and witnessed image depicting the image i posted.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My post is evidence of my post, it is not evidence of your foreknowledge. To provide evidence of your prediction you need to provide a dated, timed and witnessed image depicting the image i posted.
I predicted this response.
Although you used a few more words than expected.
Close enuf.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Your posts are evidence of the predictions I know.
Proof enuf for me.

I predicted that.

This explains so.much. thanks for being so open and honest, i appreciate it.

BTW, when is god going to turn up next and what are next weeks lottery numbers?