• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
The bed and boxspring combo I tried last night was harder than the picnic table I got stuck sleeping on a couple times when LARPing. I got onto the floor, which felt like a soft, feathery, cottony cushion compared to that bed.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Still laughing.

A friend just told me a story. Having coffee and a snack this morning she was to have a mars bar. She left the chocolate on the kitchen worktop while she made the coffee. Coffee made she turned to retrieve the chocolate, which was moving.

Shock, jumps back, it's still moving. Leans forward stretching her kneck. Behind it a tiny mouse has one corner between its teeth and is tugging the chocolate bar which is about 3 times bigger than the mouse. Heading for a tiny hole that the chocolate is never going to fit through.

She moved closer, the mouse ran into the hole. She called to ask Paul to block the hole for her and ask if we had any humaine traps.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
c8cb8b007027013bdb48005056a9545d

Shadow Wolf

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself
You gotta believe in foolish miracles
It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose
You can choose
Don't confuse
No, it is very much how you play the game because making the right decision today might make you lose, you might even lose tomorrow with it, but long term you'll win more than you lose.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
No, it is very much how you play the game because making the right decision today might make you lose, you might even lose tomorrow with it, but long term you'll win more than you lose.

Everyone goes through changes
Looking to find the truth
Don't look at me for answers
Don't ask me, I don't know

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Quit saying you don't know! You're a bear and I don't want the flinging mechanism thingy to break!

You gotta believe in someone
Asking me who is right
Asking me who to follow
I don't know
I don't know
I don't know

Shadow Wolf

You gotta believe in someone
Asking me who is right
Asking me who to follow
I don't know
I don't know
I don't know

Ozzy is the Prince of ****ing Darkness. He doesn't have to worry and is exempt from Bridge Flinging.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Someone agrees with me:
https://www.fastcompany.com/9084785...top-doing-to-make-their-employees-accountable
STOP HIRING BASED ON INTERVIEWS
Unfortunately, this approach is often imprecise and unreliable. On one hand, this setup incentivizes applicants to turn on their charm and not be entirely honest; on the other, it stacks the odds against neurodivergent employees who might still be very valuable to your company.

That might work for some positions but when I hired someone, a critical point was how the person would fit with the team. The ability to work with others on a largish project was a critical skill. This went far beyond divergent and into sexism and racism.

It was not a matter if they went to office parties and such but that they could cooperate in some way to get things done.

Shadow Wolf

That might work for some positions but when I hired someone, a critical point was how the person would fit with the team. The ability to work with others on a largish project was a critical skill. This went far beyond divergent and into sexism and racism.

It was not a matter if they went to office parties and such but that they could cooperate in some way to get things done.
The article mentioned devolping a hiring rubric to access a candidates actual ability to do the job.
Ultimately first impressions are lying impressions and interviews are not actually accessing candidate skills and abilities. They benefit those of social flair and pizzazz (such as my oldest niece whos held dozens of jobs and has no problems getting new employment despite the top notch job-hoping) and have employers selecting inferior candidates, and leaves the better candidates having to take jobs they are severely over qualified for (especially among the neurodiverse).

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Ultimately first impressions are lying impressions

That might be true sometimes but not always. I had a boss who had been trained as an interrogator by Naval Intelligence and he could fillet an job applicant really quickly if the person tried to BS.

I never had his skill but I picked up a few things. We'd sit around a table and I'd ask the candidate to tell us something weird about himself or herself. What happened next depended on how the person reacted. I hired a woman who regaled us with stories of her hippy days and drug sue while she was an AT&T operator. I knew immediately that she'd not try to BS me and I was correct. The point was to ask a question which had not been prepped for with a well-rehearsed answer.

But it's true that many/most don't know how to get someone to cut the crap.