• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
HDMI is a network protocol. Found this out when I encountered a particularly snippy problem with getting sound from my computer to come out of monitors.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
That might be true sometimes but not always.
You can sometimes find truth in them. But people have bad days. People lie. People are two faced. Sometimes you won't see the actual person for months or years.
Most people are nice enough, especially in regular, daily coming and goings. But as the saying goes you never know someone until you live them. Of course that extreme isn't needed, but it takes time to learn a person's character. A first impression is just seeing behaviors that might be an act. Questioning can go further, but it can only go so far.
And this one guy I know, he's an enigma to me. He is all talk and nothing else. He's broke, lives at his mom, and a cowardly weasel who borrows from Jack to pay off Joe. But inexplicably he talks so well he's actually accomplished quite a bit, done some impressive things, has a local reputation, but has to live at his mom's because everyone's who's known him for awhile sees the facade he's built and how he's a king of absolutely nothing. And because he's a promoter and I know him I got some cool things and saw some awesome shows up close. But as far as I can tell he doesn't have much, including friends (I've been to his mom's house).
It's like a cardboard cutout of a person that actually somehow does stuff when you get to know him.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Huh? Isn't that a TV thingy? Sounds like a problem I've been having. That's a network thingy?:confused:
Yes, and there are commands sent and possibly received. The HDMI is not a simple connection and undergoes a connection protocol. If a command is not received for turning on the speaker then there may be visual but no sound.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Yesterday it was warm enough to feel like spring had sprung or as a friend used to recite

Spring has sprung
the grass is rizz
I wonder where
the birdies iz.

Shadow Wolf

This same thing happened at the mental health illness exacerbating center I worked at, with the company expecting us low wage and very overworked workers to give even more because the company won't offer any extra help itself.
sub-buzz-5829-1675412609-22.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This same thing happened at the mental health illness exacerbating center I worked at, with the company expecting us low wage and very overworked workers to give even more because the company won't offer any extra help itself.
sub-buzz-5829-1675412609-22.jpg
I saw that pile of dung earlier. Of course it never occurred to the CEO to quietly give the 17 year employee a surprise benefit due to her long service, maybe out of his own pocket.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
HDMI is a network protocol. Found this out when I encountered a particularly snippy problem with getting sound from my computer to come out of monitors.

Huh? Isn't that a TV thingy? Sounds like a problem I've been having. That's a network thingy?:confused:

Its not a network protocol

HDMI operates in one of three modes: Video Data Period, Data Island period, and Control period. During the Video Data Period, the active pixels of an active video line are transmitted. During the data island period, audio and auxiliary data are transmitted using a series of packets. The control period is used when no video, audio, or auxiliary data needs to be transmitted.

Shadow Wolf

Its not a network protocol

HDMI operates in one of three modes: Video Data Period, Data Island period, and Control period. During the Video Data Period, the active pixels of an active video line are transmitted. During the data island period, audio and auxiliary data are transmitted using a series of packets. The control period is used when no video, audio, or auxiliary data needs to be transmitted.
Sounds like witch stuff to me. How much you weigh?

Shadow Wolf

Yeah, I do feel like cussing out a hiring manager might actually make me feel better just because I'll have the satisfaction of knowing I did something deserving of not being hired.

Shadow Wolf

Didn't read it. Sad thing is there's so many possibilities including a driver who just couldn't safely handle such a large vehicle.
I'll never understand why training isn't required before driving something so large, or before hauling stuff. This lack of training is how I took out a road sign in Manchester (IN) the first time Indrove a pickup truck with a trailor in tow (I was the only one in that crew with a driver's license). I did better the first time I drove a uHaul, but there was about a mile left between the truck and the apartment I was backing it up to.

Shadow Wolf

Read it now. Well, that's what happens when the country at large for so long now has crapped all over those with mental illnesses, and on all levels. This meaning it's not just witb insurance or other institution but an issue from the bottom up, including everyday wankers who think they know or pretend at playing doctor (RF has this problem flair up now and then and people will even defend it).
Moral of the story? People suck and their suckiness makes other people suck more.