• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I just got an intriguing email, spam of course but can anyone tell me what buffalo wings are? As far as i know buffalo are land animals with 4 legs and no wings.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I just got an intriguing email, spam of course but can anyone tell me what buffalo wings are? As far as i know buffalo are land animals with 4 legs and no wings.

Buffalo is also a city in upstate New York where this culinary concoction was invented. It's chicken wings with some kind of sauce on it; I was never a fan of that sauce, though. Some people like it.

Brian2

Veteran Member
the-elusive-flying-buffalo.jpg

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I didn't say it meant he could do, just that it doesn't mean he can't, and lots of people like him actually do work in IT so that's not really a stab you want to take. It's more like you'll get a yes than this one time I used entomologist in a way that was meant to be a no, but holy **** turns out the person I said that to actually was an entomologist.

The point is, at least from my POV, is that having Tattoos and piercings does not mean you can do the job...nor does it mean you cannot.... basically to me it means nothing at all, it is meaningless.

Training, experience and background are what matter

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Col. Potter from M*A*S*H sometimes said "buffalo chips," but that's not anything close to buffalo wings. More like "cow cookies" and "mule muffins."

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
The point is, at least from my POV, is that having Tattoos and piercings does not mean you can do the job...nor does it mean you cannot.... basically to me it means nothing at all, it is meaningless.

Training, experience and background are what matter
Yup. But my point is, the joke was funny, appearances aren't an indication of ability, and I'm pretty sure the Cat Guy is one of them who worked in IT while he was alive so you may want to save face and avoid using computer issues as an example because that's a group more likely than the general population to be able to honestly answer yes.

Shadow Wolf

"I never eat a pig 'cause a pig is a cop." Though I've heard the lyrics countless times over the decades this time things are in place that it fell in place and clicked in my head.
This is what @Revoltingest means! He rants about the cops more than a bitter black man and he eats about as many pigs as any stereotypical black man.
Revoltingest eats pigs 'cause a pig is a cop.
It's his origin story of super herovillian so depraved that it requires at least a Tarantino flick to capture and tell this gruesome tale of vigilante cannibalism.

Wu Wei

Yup. But my point is, the joke was funny, appearances aren't an indication of ability, and I'm pretty sure the Cat Guy is one of them who worked in IT while he was alive so you may want to save face and avoid using computer issues as an example because that's a group more likely than the general population to be able to honestly answer yes.

You missed what I am saying completely..... if the cat guy worked in IT that is great...never even once said he couldn't....what I am saying, and ALL I am saying is that having tattoos and piercings is not an indicator of being capable of doing any job.... much the same as having blond hair of a blue eyes, being tall or short of missing limbs is an indicator..... so no, I will not stop using a computer example because it is applicable to the discussion. The same goes for an auto mechanics job...having tattoo or piercings is no indicator of whether or not you can fix a car...same goes for a doctor. lawyer, construction worker, physical therapist, phlebotomist, heavy equipment operator, traffic cop, etc.

Training, experience, attitude, and in some cases test scores are what are by far more applicable to "obtaining" a specific job. If you happen to have piercings and tattoos and have the job, that is great, I work with a guy that does, even paints his fingernails black, and he is darn good at what he does. But he did not get the job based on the piercings, tattoos or nail paint, he got it based on past education and experience

Shadow Wolf

I suppose it's going to take me crawling on the floor to get me to apply for disabilities. My doctor said ok, but that's not much money at all and because it is me I'd rather quit the normal work world on my own terms. And at this rate that will before this place that's supposed to help me find work succeeds in that.

Shadow Wolf

It also turns out the way resumes are written has entirely changed. It's dumbed down, not very informative and harder for me to work in what I have done and did.

Shadow Wolf

I've wondered if Spotify at times tries to remind me I'm white with centuries of Christian ancestors, but now I think I feel it's breaking out the whips and chains and has a target on my neck, lmao.
Screenshot_20230216-120354_Spotify.jpg

Last edited:

Wu Wei

View attachment 71759 I've wondered if Spotify at times tries to remind me I'm white with centuries of Christian ancestors, but now I think I feel it's breaking out the whips and chains and has a target on my neck, lmao.

Bad enough we have to endure @Revoltingest constantly rambling on about his proclivities and @ChristineM continually showing up with her come hither look...now you have to bring S&M into it....sheesh...stop it.... enough already